Profile last modified 7 Sep 2019
| Created 4 Dec 2018
This page has been accessed 101 times.
Reg Smith was born in London, England.
Reginald Smith was born in 1907 in Islington, London. He trained and was ordained as a minister in the Methodist Church. He married Florence (Floss) Stevenson in Wednesbury in 1938 and they had three Children Jennifer, Patricia and Steven Smith.
Reg and Floss lived at many locations in the UK including, Erdington in Birmingham, Bristol and London in his role as minister living in Methodist Church housing. Throughout their lives, they provided much help and support to the community around them wherever they lived at the time, particularly to those in financial or psychological difficulty
- ↑ ‘Florence Stevenson Marriage Registration Place: Wednesbury, Staffordshire, England District:Wednesbury: Staffordshire Year: 1938 Quarter: Oct-Nov-Dec:1967 Affiliate Line Number:107 Volume: 6B Possible Spouse: Reginald A Smith Marriage Registration’
Personal recollection of events witnessed by David Edis-Bates as remembered 4 Dec 2018.
- Personal recollections of Patricia Smith as remembered 25 August 2019 - Dad's ancestors left Ballyhooly County Cork in 1846 approx. He was a Cullen and she a Quillian...they settled in Islington near the Mary Magdalen church area where there is a stone block in the grounds...My uncle Ron took me round all the family stamping ground before he died in Australia. He was manager of the Middleton Rubber Estate in Malaya before he was taken by the Japs. to Changi .Dad's mother Maud Hills was of French descent originally...
- England and Wales Census, 1911 with ‘Reginald Smith in the Household of Albert Smith his father. Place: Islington, London, England, United Kingdom: Male: 3 Years old (Estimated): born 1908: Type 22 Number: 1 Numbr:RG14/Folio: 43 Record Identifier: BC/1911/RG14/00784/0043/4’ Census 1911
- Albert Smith Head Male 27 London Islington, London Reg's Father
- Maud (Hills) Smith Wife Female 27 London Islington, London Reg's Mother
- Albert Smith Son Male 9 London Islington, London
- Reginald Smith Son Male 3 London Islington, London
- Reg's Grandfather is Frederick Hills born in 1861 and married to Sarah Cullen born in 1859 whose brother was Charles Cullen born in 1867 as shown with Reg's, mother Maud Hills, in the "England and Wales Census, 1901 below
- Frederick Hills Head Male 40 City Of London, London Reg's Grandfather
- Sarah (Cullen) Hills Wife Female 42 Bloomsbury, London Reg's Grandmother
- Maud Hills Daughter Female 17 Islington, London Reg's Mother
- Fredrick Hills Son Male 16 Islington, London
- Florence Hills Daughter Female 14 Islington, London
- Edith Hills Daughter Female 12 Islington, London
- Ethel Hills Daughter Female 10 Islington, London
- William Hills Son Male 8 Islington, London
- Sarah Hills Daughter Female 8 Islington, London
- Edward Hills Son Male 5 Islington, London
- Herbert Hills Son Male 1 Islington, London
- Charles Cullen Brother-In-Law Male 35 Lambeth, London Reg's uncle
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Reg's formal name
- full middle name (A.)
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- private siblings' names
- private children's names (3)
- spouse's name and marriage information
For access to Reg Smith's full information you must be on the Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools