NOTES[ - executors: Phebe Louisa Smith, Bayham; Daniel Tupper Smith, Dereham Township, Oxford County
- wife was Phebe Louisa Smith
- Charles Sheridan Smith;
- Daniel Tupper Smith;
- Josiah Beckworth Smith;
- Chauncey Eliakine Smith;
- Joseph Henry Smith
107. White marble slab, floral motif.
In memory of/ Elizabeth L./ adopted dau. of Chauncey & Phebe L./ SMITH/ died Apr. 10, 1871/ AE 22 yrs 7 mos/ Farewell dear friends my troubles are o'er/ my body here must rest/ my soul has entered in the vale/ with Christ I am everblest./J. L. Stewart, Ingersoll.
108. White marble headstone. Harriet J./ daughter of/ Chauncey & Louisa/ SMITH/ Aug. 12, 1848/ aged 4 mo. &/4 d's.
108.1 White marble headstone. Maria Ann/ daughter of/ Chauncey & Louisa/ SMITH/ died Sep. 12, 1848/ aged 9 y's 9 mo./ & 29 d'ys.
109. White marble. Mary E./ daughter of/ Chauncey & Louisa/ SMITH/ died/ July 28, 1848/ aged 3 ys. 1 mo
110. Grey marble on double concrete base, floral motif. In memory of Chauncey SMITH/ who died July 30, 1887/ aged 77 yrs. 5 mo's & 8 d'ys/ Also his wife Phoebe L. TUPPER/ who died Mar. 18, 1890/ aged 76 y'rs 3 mo's & 25 d'ys./ SMITH.
112. Red granite ground stone, crosses & flowers motif. TUPPER/ (Left) Anna May/ SMITH/ 1882-1969 (right) George/ BEST/ 1876-1963
117. Black granite on white granite base. (E) SMITH/ Mary Florence GILBERT /died Feb. 17, 1899/ In her 28th year/ wife of/ Chauncey S. SMITH/ 1870-1953/ Martha E. GILBERT/ 1876-1965.
118. Red granite peaked top obelisk with log. SMITH/ Daniel Tupper SMITH/ 1834-1912/ Mary E. SMITH/ 1833-1913/ Emeline SMITH/ 1875-1882.
119. White marble headstone, wreath and clasped hands motif. (E) Farewell/ Sarah SANDERS /wife of/ Daniel T. SMITH/ died/ Nov. 27, 1873/ aged 57 yrs./ 8 ms. & 27 ds./ Weep not my dear no more for me/ While I lay mouldering in thedust/ .. . . (W) Sarah Elizabeth/ Sarah E. dau. of/ Daniel T. & Sarah SMITH/ died/ December 16, 1873/ aged 3 months & 16 days.
Dobbie Cemetery, Bayham Township, Elgin County, Ontario, Canada; 56139 Green Line, Bayham, ON
Thank you to Kitty Smith for contributions to this profile.
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Chauncey by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA.
Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree: