- Anne (Soblet) Chastain's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Huguenot Migration.
Anne Soblet was baptized ~ October 27, 1675, Sedan, Champagne, France.  She was the daughter of Abraham and Susanne (Brian) Soblet
The Soblet family fled France in 1686 in the wake of revived Huguenot persecution. Abraham Soblet, his wife Susanne, and sons, Abraham and Jacques Soblet sought refuge in Protestant Germany and later went to Holland and then to England. The Soblet set sail for American in 1700. Anne Soblet, her mother Susanne Soblet, and Anne's younger brothers, Pierre Louis and Littleberry Soblet arrived in Jamestown, Virginia in October 1700 on the ship Peter and Anthony. Her father and two older brothers, Abraham and Jacques Soblet had arrived earlier on the ship Mary and Ann on July 12, 1700. It was the first of four ships carrying Huguenot refugees. 
Anne was the third wife  of Dr. Pierre Chastain (who was also a Huguenot refugee, arriving with Anne's father in Virginia on the Mary and Ann). She was married Oct 1701 at Manakin Town, Henrico Co., VA. Their children were ... 1. Judith Chastain (m. 1st., Gille Ballew and 2nd., Thomas Walker) 2. Susanna Chastain (m. James Robinson) 3. Pierre Chastain (m. Mildred "Middy" Archer) 4. Mary Chastain 5. Elizabeth Chastain (m. David LeSueur, Jr.) 6. Rene Chastain (m. Mrs., Judith Martin Gevedon, m. 1st., Thomas Gevedon) 7. Janne Chastain 8. Marie/Mary Magdalene Chastain (m. Guillaume Salle)
Anne died 3 April 1723 in Henrico County, Virginia Memorial Words from the Register of Deaths. "3 April 1723, died Anne Soblet, the [______]sieur Pierre Chastain, aged about ____ years was buried the fourth of the month."
- ↑ Find a Grave
- ↑ Soblet Family History; http://soblet.com/history.htm
- ↑ Dr. Pierre "Peter" Chastain's wives were: 1st., wife, Magdalene (DeRouchfoucauld) Chastain ~ married ca. 1679, Yverdon, Canton of Vaud, Switzerland. 2nd., wife, Susanne (Renaud/Reynaud) Chastain ~ married ca. 1690, Switzerland. 3rd., wife, Anne (Soblet) Chastain ~ married October 1701, Manakin Town, Henrico Co., VA. source: Pierre Chastain And His Descendants, First Five Generations in America (Vol. I). By the Pierre Chastain Family Association, 199
- ↑ Brock, R. A. Documents, chiefly unpublished, relating to the Huguenot emigration to Virginia and to the settlement at Manakin-Town, with an appendix of genealogies, presenting data of the Fontaine, Maury, Dupuy, Trabue, Marye, Chastain, Cocke, and other families. "Fragment of a Register of Deaths" p 110. Baltimore: Genealogical Pub. Co., 1962.
- World Family Tree Vol. 2, Ed. 1 Author: Brøderbund Software, Inc. Publication: Release date: November 29, 1995 Note: ABBR World Family Tree Vol. 2, Ed. 1 CONT Customer pedigree. CONT CONT Source Media Type: Family Archive CD
- U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2004.
- Edmund West, comp. Family Data Collection - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2001. Births [database on-line] and Deaths [database on-line].
- Soblet Family History
- Pierre Chastain Family Association
- Chastain Central
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Anne by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Anne:
- Howard Cooper : 23andMe, GEDMatch M821384
- Bruce Lacy : 23andMe, GEDMatch M222023 + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, FTDNA kit #278949
- Michelle (Cole) James : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member MICKIESUE2
- Amelia (Smith) Stephenson : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A187939, Ancestry member sttap2
- Judith Kay Wilson : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch F334152, FTDNA kit #334152
- Dorothy (Grimmett) Clement : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T491279, FTDNA kit #362257
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Jaynie Anderson, Keith Baker, Ernie Kapphahn, Glen Mctaggart, and Todd Call. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 6 Jun 2016 at 12:38 GMT Keith (Forrester) Baker wrote:
On 27 Nov 2015 at 17:32 GMT Sadie (Whanger) Culp wrote:
On 27 Nov 2015 at 17:31 GMT Sadie (Whanger) Culp wrote:
Anne is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 23 degrees from Bob Dylan, 17 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 21 degrees from Michael Phelps and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.