Surnames/tags: Haplogroup_J-Z35794 Montgomery Y-DNA_Haplogroups
- Project Website: 'Montgomery of Scotland' Founder Project for Haplogroup J-Z35794
Welcome! As of 27 Jun 2022 there are 56 Big Y DNA testers who have the J-Z35794 Haplogroup. The goal of this project is to:
- Identify the Founder of Haplogroup J-Z35794 and each of its subclades
- Identify Immigrant Ancestors associated with J-Z35794 and each of its subclades
- Explore relationships between the men in J-Z35794 and the men with surnames Nyberg, Hunt, Willison, Jokiranta, Canning and Eade who share the Haplogroup J-Z35788, which is the Grandparent Haplogroup of J-Z35794.
To join the Project contact me or login to your Family Tree DNA account and click on the JOIN button on this webpage: 'Montgomery of Scotland' Founder Project for Haplogroup J-Z35794. Not at Family Tree DNA yet? Use this link to transfer your Ancestry, 23andMe, MyHeritage or other DNA test to FTDNA for free: Free Autosomal DNA Transfer
Haplogroup J-Z35794 Age Estimation
DNA dating tools tell us the J-Z35794 Haplogroup was founded by a man who lived about 1410 give or take 100 years.
DNA matches and documentary evidence from known genealogies strongly suggest that the earliest Founder of the J-Z35794 Haplogroup could be Alexander Montgomery (1305-1388) of Renfrewshire, Scotland, a descendant of "Robert deMontgomery" of Renfrewshire, Scotland known as the Founder of Clan Montgomery.
I'm Terri Stern, the coordinator of this WikiTree project and the 'Montgomery of Scotland' Founder Project for Haplogroup J-Z35794 hosted at Family Tree DNA.
Here are some of the tasks that I'll be working on:
- Creating WikiTree pages for each of the subclades under J-Z35794
- Creating WikiTree pages for Haplogroup J-Z35788 and it's subclades
Please post a comment here on this page, in G2G using the project tag, or send me a private message. Thanks!
J-Z35794 Phylogenetic Grand Parent
J-Z35794 Phylogenetic Parent
J-Z35790 estimated at 2800 years before the present, 54 testers as of 1 Jan 2022 Surnames:
J-Z35794 Phylogenetic Siblings
- J-Y29723 Canning estimated 280 years before the present
J-Z34795 Subclades/Phylogenetic "Children"
The following is a list of J-Z34795 Subclades and associated families. The Group Colors are associated with the colors used in the Y-DNA Results Chart at this link
- J-Z35794 (Yellow Group) Lines: Earliest Probable Founder Alexander Montgomery b Renfrewshire, Scotland abt 1305-1388
- John Montgomery born 1797 Broughshane, Antrim, Ireland
- J-FT22093 (Pink Group) Lines:
- J-FT18892 (Pink Group) Lines: Probable Founder Neil Montgomerie II 1520-1600 [Lainshaw]
- John Montgomery born abt 1711 in Derry, Cavan, Ulster, Ireland and died in Charlotte, North Carolina in 1778 and Martha Montgomery
- John Marion Montgomery born 1836 in Tennessee
- John Montgomery born abt 1803 in North Carolina and Dicey Ragsdale
- John Montgomery Sr born abt 1717 in Ireland, died aft 1782 in USA and Esther Houston
- John Montgomery and Martha Finley
- John Montgomery born abt 1707 who died in Middleborough, Massachusetts and Mary Strobridge
- J-FT167382 (Teal Group) Lines: Probable Founder James Montgomery b Ayrshire ca1540 (Blessingborne)
- Samuel Montgomery born 1811 in Franklin, Virginia and Mary Elizabeth Pursley and Lucy A Baugh
- Alonzo Perreons Madison born 1900 in Bath, Virginia
- James Montgomerie born abt 1544 Ayrshire, Scotland
- William Montgomery born abt 1770 Rowan County, North Carolina and Ailsey Crittenden
- Robert Montgomery, born abt 1700 in Ireland, died Boothbay, Lincoln, Massachusetts Bay Colony and Sarah Miller
- J-FT102160 (Blue Group) Lines: Possible Founder Robert Montgomery b Scotland abt 1544-abt 1605 [Grey Abbey]
- Robert Montgomery born abt 1660 in Aghadowey, Derry, Ireland and Mary McCollum of Londonderry, New Hampshire
- Thomas Newman born abt 1690 in Harwick, Morris, Province of New Jersey
- J-FT35888 (Green Group) Lines: Probably founded aft 1425 CE
- William Montgomery born 1677 Ireland and Mary Aken of Hopkinton, Massachusetts
- Thomas Montgomery born abt 1796 Tennessee and Mary Clanton
- Michael Montgomery Sr born bef 1720 of Albemarle and Amherst Counties Virginia
- William Montgomery born 1735, died 1815 in Orange County, Virginia
- Alexander Montgomery born 1798 Georgia
- William Montgomery born 1710 Derrygiff, Fermanagh, Ireland
- J-FT413364 (Orange Group) Lines: Possible Founder Adam "6th Laird Braidstane" Montgomery 1540-bef 1602
- J-Y39343 (Gold Group) Lines: Most Recent Possible Founder Major John Montgomery 1620-1679
- Major John Montgomery born Croghan, Donegal, Ireland 1620-1679
- John Montgomery born abt 1730 in Virginia died abt 1785 in Sparta, Hancock, Georgia
- Hugh Montgomery born 1754 in Carrickfergus, Antrim, Ireland and Eva Hartman
- John Montgomery born 1737
- Robert Montgomery born Fermanagh, Ireland
- J-FTA36538 (Purple Group) Lines: Possible Founder: Robart Montgomery b 1667 in Islay, Argyll, Scotland
- Alexander Montgomery Sr born abt 1700 Londonderry, Ireland
- Robard Montgomery born 1667 Islay, Scotland
- Thomas Montgomery born 1781 County Down, Ireland
- J-FTC5758 (Lime Group) Lines: Probable Founder John of Blackhouse Montgomerie b 1537 Ayrshire Scotland
- Note for J-FTC5758 (Lime Group):Neil George Montgomery, a Y-DNA tested descendant of William Montgomery and Margaret Argue has an autosomal DNA match to a Swedish man who is a descendant of Josias Montgomery-Cederhielm whose most recent non-Swedish ancestors are John Montgomerie b 1695 and his wife Anne Campbell of Scotland.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
You can join the project by going to the Family Tree DNA 'Montgomery of Scotland' Founder Project for J-Z35794 website: https://www.familytreedna.com/groups/j-z35794/about