Location: Massachusetts, United States
Revolutionary Regiments Tables
Please update your bookmarks: The previous content of this page has been moved to Space:1776 Regiments Table, Massachusetts
The "regiments table" pages listed below are intended to help people find the most appropriate unit category for their profile if they know a commander's name or regiment number. Determining the best unit to use for the 1776 Sticker template can be quite confusing, since regiments can be named numerically or by a commander's surname, or both at the same time, and this changes over time.
Currently these are organized by state and separated by militia units and continental army units:
- Continental Line:
These need researchers to get them started, or explain why they might not need to exist:
Watch this space
We may add other types of units including navies, artillery units, corp of invalids, and the canadian regiment.
Things to do
- Category: Vermont Republic, American Revolution includes instructions regarding Continental Line units, but no subcategory exists and indeed Vermont would not have had any.
- Category: Maine, American Revolution : since it was part of Massachusetts, what is the purpose of this category?
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)