Location: Sussex County, Delaware, United States
Surnames/tags: Deputy Debety Webb
- Deed: Solomon Debety to Silvester Webb and Sarah his wife 
- Date: 12 Aug 1813
- Location: Cedar Creek Hundred, Sussex County, Delaware
- This Indenture made the twelfth day of August in the year of our Lord, one thousand eight hundred and thirteen. Between Silvester Webb of the County of Sussex and State of Delaware, yeoman, and Sarah his wife of the one part and Solomon Debety of the same place aforesaid, yeoman, of the other part.
- Witnesseth that the said Silvester Webb and Sarah his wife for and in consideration of two hundred and fifteen dollars and thirteen cents, good and lawful money of the United States of America to them in hand paid the receipt whereof is hereby acknowledged and themselves there were fully satisified, contented and paid, they the said Silvester Webb and Sarah his wife, have granted, bargained, sold, aliened, remised, released, enfeoffed, conveyed and confirmed and by these presence do grant, bargin, sell, alien, remise, release, enfeoff, convey and confirm unto him, the said Solomon Debety, his heirs and assigns forever, all that small tract, piece or parcel of land situate in Cedar Creek Hundred in the County of Sussex and State of Delaware aforesaid and adjoining to lands of Thomas Postles, land late of Benjamin Hudson Esquire Deceased, and others, being the same piece or parcel of land which was left to him, the said Silvester Webb as his dividend or share of his father's real or landed estate, the metes and bounds of which said piece or parcel of land hereby to be conveyed are as follows:
- Beginning at a stone set up in the place where formerly stood a red oak for the aforesaid Thomas Postles' land which is now in a lane and road, and near a gate of said Thomas Postles and running from thence with said Postles' and North fifty two degrees and one third East ninety six perches to a white oak sapling, said Postles' line and corner of land late of the aforesaid Benjamin Hudson dec'd, thence therewith South forty seven degrees and one fourth East fifty one perches to a post in said Hudson's line, it being a corner for the allotment or shared land off to Dorman Webb, thence with said Dorman's allotment South fifty one degrees and three fourths West one hundred and nineteen perches to a post in cleared ground and in line for the thirds of the widow of Dorman Webb dec'd who was father to the said Grantor above named , thence therewith North fifty nine degrees and an half, West sixty four perches to a post in the said Thomas Postles' line, and thence with said with Postles' line, North sixty four degrees and one fourth, East thirty nine perches and an half to the place of beginning, containing forty acres and fifty four square perches, be the same more or less, together with all and singular, the improvements, tenements, privileges, hereditaments, appurtenances whatsoever, thereunto belonging or in any wise appertaining with the reversions and reversions, remainder and remainders, rents, issues and profits, thereof.
- To have and to hold the said hereby granted premises with all the appurtenances unto the said Solomon Debety, his heirs and assigns to the only proper use benefit and behoof of him, the said Solomon Debety, his heirs and assigns forever . And the said Silvester Webb and Sarah his wife, for themselves, the heirs, executors and administrators do hereby covenant premises, grant and agree to and with the said Solomon Debety, his heirs and assigns by these presents that they the said Silvester Webb and Sarah his wife , the hereby granted premises limited and bounded as aforesaid with all the appurtenances unto the said Solomon Debety, his heirs and assigns forever against the future lawful claim of them the said Silvester Webb and Sarah his wife and their and each of their heirs, executors, and administrators and against the claim or claims of all and every other person or persons whosoever claiming or hereafter to claim the same by, from, or under him, her, them, or either of them, shall and will warrant and forever defend by these presents.
- In witness whereof the said Silvester Webb and Sarah his wife have hereunto set their hands and seals the day and year first above written.
- Silvester Webb (seal) Sarah Webb (seal)
- Sealed and delivered in presence of Noah Lofland and Charles Mason, State of Delaware JP
- Be it remembered that on the twelfth day of August in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and fifteen, personally appeared before us, the subscribers, two of the Justices of the Peace in and for the County of Sussex, Silvester Webb and Sarah his wife, the Grantors named in the within Indenture and they the said Silvester Webb and Sarah his wife, severally acknowledged the same to be their act and deed respectively, and desired it might be recorded as such, and we further certify, the said Sarah Webb being the day and year aforesaid privately examined by us, separate from her husband, and out of his hearing, she the said Sarah did declare and say that she signed, sealed, and delivered the said Indenture, willingly and freely without the fear, compulsion or ill usage of her husband, or fear of his displeasure.
- In witness whereof we have hereunto set our hands the day and year aforesaid.
- Sam'l Ratcliff
- Robert Davis
- This deed was lodged in the Recorders' Office in and for the County of Sussex on the eleventh day of May eighteen hundred and thirty one.
- G A Ewing, Recorder
- ↑ Delaware Land Records for Solomon Debety. Sussex County