Categories: 52 Ancestors.
|52 Ancestors - 2018|
Amy Johnson Crow has been running the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks genealogical challenge for the last few years. I have never done this challenge before so I decided to join this challenge for the year of 2018.
Every week we will receive a prompt for which we have to find an ancestor or a relative who matches that prompt, and post something about them on the weekly thread. What you post is entirely your choice. It can be in writing, a photo, a video or anything else.
This Space Page will have links to each weekly prompt thread so that anyone can go back to do this at any later time, during or after the challenge.
You do not have to do this every week. Just do this whenever you can or when you have time. It may also be possible that you will not always have an ancestor or relative who fits the requirements for every prompt.
You do NOT post anything on this page at all. You only post on the weekly thread. But you can bookmark this page for easy access to all the threads!!
Just so you are aware, these prompts that we will receive are quite broad and open ended and can be interpreted in any meaningful way to you!. They will not be (or should not be) specific.
For example. One prompt was the word, KING - and one blogger used the Kings Daughters (Filles du Roi - from Canada) as her interpretation, as she had several of the Filles du Roi as her ancestors.
You are also free to post your stories to any other social media you wish to use (Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Google+, Blogs etc) as long as you also post a link on the G2G weekly thread for that weeks prompt, so that we can all go and read it.
Chris Whitten and Eowyn have also chosen to give us the added incentive of receiving a badge if we complete ALL 52 weeks and provide at least one ancestor or relative for each weekly prompt. I am keeping track of who posts an answer to each weekly prompt. Those wikipeeps who provide a minimum of 52 ancestors or relatives for the whole year, will be awarded a badge.
Below are the links to each weekly prompt thread, starting with the First thread when I introduced the idea (on 29 Dec 2017) and asked if anyone was interested.
- 52 Ancestors Week 43 - Cause of Death Oct 22, 2018.
- 52 Ancestors Week 42 - Conflict Oct 15, 2018.
- 52 Ancestors Week 41 - Sports Oct 8, 2018.
- 52 Ancestors Week 40 - TEN Oct 1, 2018.
- 52 Ancestors Week 39 - On the Farm Sep 24, 2018.
- 52 Ancestors Week 38 - Unusual Source Sep 17, 2018.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)