A Changing America
- by Frank P. Sherwood
- Published iUniverse, Jul 21, 2006
- Much of American history is conceived in terms of large scale movements, often involving massive numbers of people. Within these broad groups, however, we know that individuals have had many different experiences. The purpose of this book is to conceive of American history much more in terms of these individuals who collectively created it. The vehicle is a detailed study, conceived in standard genealogical terms of reference, of a Sherwood family line. The Sherwood ancestor, Thomas of Fairfield, arrived in Massachusetts in 1634. His 10th generation descendant, Frank P. Sherwood, was residing in Reston, Virginia in 2006. The book is divided into two volumes, with the first covering the first eight generations, generally through the 19th century, and the second, the 9th and 10th generations living in the 20th century.
- Citation Example:
- <span id='Sherwood'></span>Sherwood, Frank P. ''[[Space:A Changing America|A Changing America]]'' (iUniverse, Jul 21, 2006)
- Footnote Example:
- <ref>[[#Sherwood|Sherwood]]: Page 123</ref>
Available online at these locations:
not available online
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)