A Note on the Swarts Lineage
Original Contributed by Mrs. D. O. Cleghorn of Chadron, Nebraska to the Nebraska and Midwest Genealogical Record, vol. 6, no. 4, Oct. 19, 1928. Extract and compiled by S X from the original version published on usenet
- Note: Hiland County should be spelled Highland County
George and Sarah Swarts
George Swarts m. Sarah UNKNOWN. In 1725 they emigrated from Germany to Abingdon, MS
Samuel, son of George and Sarah (unknown) Swarts
- Samuel born 14 Apr 1738 in South Abingdon, MS
- married Hannah Davis on 15 Dec 1760
- Hannah Davis born 15 Jul 1742 in Maryland
- Hannah was daughter of Samuel and Elizabeth (UNKNOWN) Davis
- Samuel and Elizabeth Davis were born in Wales and in 1722 emigrated to Havre de Grace, MD
Abraham, son of Samuel and Hannah (Davis) Swarts
- Abraham born 21 April 1783 in Harford County, MD
- Abraham Davis Swarts m. Ann Bond Carroll date unknown
- Ann Carroll born 07 Sep 1793 in Harford County, MD
- Ann was daughter of Benjamin Carroll
- Benjamin Carroll was born in Ireland.
- Abraham and Ann Swarts and two small children moved to Hiland[sic] County, Ohio in 1819-1820.
Children of Abraham and Ann (Carroll) Swarts
- Spicer born 10 June 1816, in Harford County, Md. | died young.
- Oregon P. born 20 Feb 1819, in Harford County, MD | married Adaline Quimby.
- Samuel Davis born 23 Dec. 1820, in Hiland[sic] County, Ohio | married Hannah Eliza Chesney.
- Amelia Mary Swarts born 05 June 1822 in Jefferson County, IL | married (1) Cager Creal; (2) William McMillan. Note: S X marriage information is incorrect.
- Hannah Jane born 05 June 1825 | married John E. Chesney.
- Benjamin Carroll born 01 Aug. 1827 | married a widow, name unknown.
- Ellen Eliza born 02 Nov. 1829, in Knox County, IA | died unmarried.
- Martha Ann born 07 Nov. 1831 | died young.
- Sarah Elizabeth born 12 Jul 1836 | married T. R. Wilson.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)