The voyage of the Immigrant ship ABOUKIR to South Australia in 1847
ABOUKIR sailed from London first and then left Plymouth, England on June 1st 1847. Arrived Port Adelaide on Saturday September 4th, 1847. She was a 3 masted Barque built the previous year and was carrying 302 passengers including 30 miners from Cornwall and 15 Tradesman (mechanics) their families and the rest were agricultural labourers.
size: 663/816 tons
built: 1846 at Sunderland by Dunbar & Sons
sailed: from London and then left Plymouth, England on June 1st 1847.
master: Capt. C. Scott
surgeon superintendent: Dr. Hill
arrived: Port Adelaide on Saturday September 4th, 1847
passengers: 302 Government immigrants
PASSENGER Lists etc.
- SHIPPING INTELLIGENCE. from the Adelaide Observer (SA : 1843 - 1904) of Saturday 11 September 1847, Page 7. at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/158924860?
- SHIPPING INTELLIGENCE. from the South Australian Register (Adelaide, SA : 1839 - 1900) of Saturday 11 September 1847, Page 2. at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/48545360?
- ABOUKIR 1847 from Diane Cummings' Bound For South Australia database at: http://www.slsa.sa.gov.au/BSA/1847Aboukir.htm
- Barry Leadbeater's South Australian Shipping & Immigration database at: http://www.familyhistorysa.org/shipping/passengerlists.html
- 1847 ABOUKIR from the OLD COLONISTS OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA website at: https://oldcolonists.weebly.com/-1847-aboukir.html
- 01/06/1847 - 04/09/1847 from Passengers in History an initiative of the South Australian Maritime Museum at: http://passengersinhistory.sa.gov.au/node/946793
- "ABOUKIR." FROM LONDON. from the Adelaide Observer (SA : 1843 - 1904) of Saturday 11 September 1847, Page 5. at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/158924868?
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)