Surnames/tags: kortrecht cortright
Abraham Kortrecht Collection
There seem to be more men with first name Abram or Abraham and last name of Kortrecht, Kortright, Kortregt, Cortregt, Cortright, Courtwright, etc., than my small mind can deal with. Here are some of them, in approximate order of birth:
- Abram (Van Kortryk) Cortregt (bef.1706-), baptized at Kingston, child of Hendrik Cortregt and Catharina Krom.
- Abraham Courtright (1721-), no sources, baptism not yet found in records, supposedly born in Minisink, supposedly married Marretje Kuykendall, who was also born in 1721.
- Abraham Peter Kortregt-Cortregt-Cortright (1724-abt.1783); baptized at Rochester, son of Pieter Kortregt and Marytjen van Garden. Profile is connected to Rebecca Quick as his wife, marriage in 1762. Abram Cortregt and Rebecca Quick had child Rachel baptized in Minisink on 4 July 1765. Abraham P. Cortregt and Rebecca witnessed baptism in Minisink on 26 December 1766. Abram Cortregt and Rebecca Quik had son Ysaac baptized in Minisink on 7 December 1766. Abraham P. Cortright and Rebecca Quick had son Abraham baptized in Minisink on 30 Aug 1772 (was born June 9).
- Abraham Kortrecht, married 1747. 23 August (banns), 18 September (marriage). Recorded at Smithfield. Abraham Kortrecht, young man, born at Rochester, and Cornelia Bunschoten, young woman, born in Kingston, both dwelling at Smithfield. This couple, recorded as Abram Kortrecht, Jr., and Cornelia van Bunschoten, had Elizabeth, baptized in Minisink on 22 October 1749. Recorded as Abram P. Kortrecht and Cornelia Bunschoten, they had son Hendrick baptized at Minisink on 9 Feb 1752, with witnesses Abram Van Campen, Jr., and wife Catharina Kortrecht. Source: https://archive.org/details/minisinkvalleyre00vosb/page/10/mode/2up . [The name Abram P. suggests that this could be Abraham the son of Pieter, baptized 1724.] Also son Antoni, baptized in Minisink on 3 March 1754. Abram Cortregt and Cornelia Cortregt witnessed a baptism in Minisink on 18 April 1765.
- Abraham Kortright (1727-1787), baptized 2 June 1727 in Kingston, son of Laurens Hendricksen Kortregt and Sara Ten Eyck. Married to Jannetjen van Kampen (bef.1740-) in 1769 at Wawarsing.
- Abraham Kortrecht (abt.1741-), baptized at Minisink, son of Hendrick Kortrecht, Jannetje Ennist. Apparently rebaptized in 1747. Is said to have married Neeltje Swartwout.
- Abram van Kampen Kortrecht (bef.1748-) - Baptized at Minisink, Oct 2, 1748. Son of Johannes Kortrecht and Margrietje Dennemarken. https://archive.org/details/minisinkvalleyre00vosb/page/8/mode/2up?q=1749 . Abram Courtright (1748-1825); married Evje Drake (bef.1752-1824); and Abraham Van Kampen Courtwright (1749-1825), baptized or born 4 Jun 1749 in Northampton, Northampton, Pennsylvania, also a son of Johannes Kortrecht and Margrietje Dennemarken and married to Evje Drake, have been merged into this profile.
- Abraham Kortwright, 3 Dec 1750 - 24 Mar 1833. Married to Rachel. Source: Find a Grave, database and images (https://www.findagrave.com : accessed 15 December 2020), memorial page for Abraham Kortright (3 Dec 1750–24 Mar 1833), Find A Grave: Memorial #87051127, citing West Genoa Cemetery, King Ferry, Cayuga County, New York, USA ; Maintained by Cheryl Stanfield (contributor 47661591) .
- Abraham Kortrecht, baptized 9 December 1750 in Minisink, son of Cornelis H. Kortrecht and Leentje Rosenkrans. Witnesses: Abram Van Campen, Jr., and wife Catharina Kortrecht. Source: https://archive.org/details/minisinkvalleyre00vosb/page/10/mode/2up [Is this the same person as above?]
The Abraham 3 Dec 1750-24 March 1833 appears to be a son of https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Kortregt-19 and https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Rosenkrans-86 (NOTE this couple is not linked yet. Kortreght-19 is PPP.
This Abm's baptism is 9 Dec 1750 Baptism Place Walpeck, Sussex, NJ, entry lists Cornelis Kortrecht and 2nd wife (Helena) Leentje Rosenkranz and wits Abraham Van Campen Jr and his wife Catherine Kortrecht. See image 44 - https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/collections/6961/images/42037_647350_0324-00044?pId=184816
This Abm b 3 Dec 1750 is one who had wife Rachel ______ and who is the Find a Grave entry and he is also shown on a sourced ancestry tree https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/person/tree/167384531/person/252175184413/facts
Cornelis's 1st wife Tjaetje ____ married 6 Dec 1747, 2nd Helena 8 April 1750 https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/collections/61157/images/46155_b289855-00054?pId=1153731