Accessibility Angels Project | Technology Advisors Team
Accessibility Angels Technology Advisors Team
Team Leader: Susie Officer
- Team Members:
The team's role is to liaise with the Wikitree community to ensure WikiTree is usable by as many people as possible, including people who use screen readers and other assistive technology. This includes:
- evaluating the accessibility of WikiTree's user interface and in, and
- developing proposals to enhance WikiTree's accessibility and liaising with WikiTree's tech community about their implementation.
It is a multi-skilled team open to people who:
- can help test WikiTree's webpages and give feedback on how easy they are to navigate, read and edit,
- are familiar with screen readers or other assistive technology, or
- have technical expertise in making websites more accessible to people with disabilities.
Resources and Tools
- WAVE Accessibility Evaluation Tools – a suite of tools for evaluating the accessibility of webpages. It includes browser extensions for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox for checking password protected pages and dynamic page content.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) – the main standard for web content accessibility. The WCAG documents explain how to make web content more accessible to people with disabilities.
Accessibility Angels Project Pages
- Project: Accessibility Angels
- Accessibility Angels Guides Team
- Accessiblity Angels Research and Transcription Team
- Accessibility Angels Sandbox
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: David Selman, Julie Ricketts, and I. Speed. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)