This page is for people who are searching for unknown parents, whether you are an NPE (unexpected parentage), donor child, foundling, disconnected from your family, or any other cases of unknown parentage. If you are an adoptee, please see Resources for Adoptees. Although our name is Adoption Angels, we assist with all cases of unknown parentage.
Follow the Process
Before you begin your search, it's important to understand there is a process to finding birth parents that will make the search quickly successful. Here are the basic first steps:
- Decide on your goals for the search. What do you hope will happen by the end of the search?
- Gather all the available information about your birth history (both stories and paperwork).
- Take a DNA test.
- Seek help from people with experience finding birth family.
- Once your search is complete, connect with others who can advise you on how to find emotional closure.
Finding Search Help
- Contact WikiTree's Adoption Angels by filling out an Adoption Angel Contact Form
- DNA Detectives on Facebook offers lots of help and advice for anyone searching for biological family--not just adoptees.
- For professional help, find a genetic genealogist who specializes in DNA and finding birth parents at The Association of Professional Genealogists.
Before you Apply for Adoption Angels Help
Please see the Adoption Angels application checklist. The more items you complete before applying will ensure your place on our list for the next available Angel who will assist you in finding your birth family.
If you are a donor conceived child, please see Donor Children Resources for more information.
Searching For Family Members
If you are searching for family members who may have been disconnected from your family, please see: How to Find Living Family Members. Due to privacy concerns, Adoption Angels does not assist with these types of searches.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Emma MacBeath and Adoption Angels WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)