Surnames/tags: Äbersold Abersold Ebersold
How to Join
Please contact the project leader Anonymous Howland or post a comment at the foot of the page. If you have any questions, just ask. Thanks!
This is a One Name Study to collect together in one place everything about one surname and the variants of that name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join our study to help make it a valuable reference point for people studying lines that cross or intersect.
- Aebersold: South German and Swiss German (Äbersold): variant spelling of Ebersold.
- Ebersold: Swiss German. See also: Ebersole.
- Ebersole: Altered spelling of the Swiss habitational names Ebersol, Ebersold, Äbersold, Aebersold, from any of several places so named, from Middle High German eber ‘wild boar’ + sol, sul ‘wallow’.
Research on Aebersold
The surname Aebersold originally came from the Bern area of Switzerland before 1800 and had few variant spellings. For example, the birth and marriage registers of 17th century in Grosshöchstetten in Canton of Bern showed how the recorders spelled Aebersold was Ebersold.
Another example, Ernst Müller published his book Geschichte Der Bernischen Täufer: Nach Den Urkunden Dargest in 1895. It discussed the details of exile to Holland from Switzerland in early 18th century and had three references to Aebersold.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Dictionary of American Family Names ©2013, Oxford University Press.
- ↑ Register of Swiss Surnames by the Historical Dictionary of Switzerland.
- ↑ K Grosshöchstetten 2, Taufrodel (1606-1668), Eherodel (1606-1667), p. 233, no. 907. The exact text is "7. Martÿ. 907. Elsi:/ Peter Ebersold, Anna Huldimaˉ. I. Elsi. T. Melchior Janzar. Elsi Künzi. Catharÿn Künzi."
- ↑ K Grosshöchstetten 2, Taufrodel (1606-1668), Eherodel (1606-1667), p. 235, no. 928. The exact text is "6. Junÿ. 928. Elsi./ Jost Ebersold, Anna Mŭrer. I. Elsa. T. Nichi Mŭser. Elsi Kraybul. Elsi Stram."
- ↑ K Grosshöchstetten 2, Taufrodel (1606-1668), Eherodel (1606-1667), p. 387. The exact text is "6 10bris Hans Schonouer. Elsbeth Ebersold."
- ↑ Müller, Ernst. Geschichte Der Bernischen Täufer: Nach Den Urkunden Dargest. Frauenfeld: J. Huber, 1895, pgs. 254, 294, and 307. (German Language).
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Anonymous Howland and One Name Studies WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)