Surnames/tags: Kentucky black_heritage
Online resources about Black History in Kentucky:
History and General Resources
- Kentucky African American Heritage Commission
- Kentucky Center for African American Heritage
- Notable Kentucky African Americans
Resources by Location
Estill County, Kentucky
Some families may be found in the following text:
- Miller, William Harris. History and genealogies of the families of Miller, Woods, Harris, Wallace, Maupin, Oldham, Kavanaugh, and Brown (illustrated) : with interspersions of notes of the families of Dabney, Reid, Martin, Broaddus, Gentry, Jarman, Jameson, Ballard, Mullins, Michie, Moberley, Covington, Browning, Duncan, Yancey, and others. 1907. Richmond, KY.
Harrison County, Kentucky
- WikiTree's Index of Plantations by State
- History of slavery in Kentucky at Wikipedia
- Slavery Laws in Kentucky
- Andrew Jackson, b. 1814 Narrative and Writings of Andrew Jackson, of Kentucky Containing an Account of His Birth, and Twenty-Six Years of His Life While a Slave; His Escape; Five Years of Freedom, Together with Anecdotes Relating to Slavery; Journal of One Year's Travels; Sketches, etc. Narrated by Himself; Written by a Friend.
- Slave Records Kentucky
- Slave Narratives
- Biographies of "Fugitive" Slaves https://docsouth.unc.edu/global/result.html?lcsh=Fugitive%20slaves%20--%20Kentucky%20--%20Biography.