The John Alexander 'line of Windsor, Conn., from Scotland, prior to 1644, is as follows:
- Henry Foster Alexander (8), born October 24, 1797, died December 17,1852, son of
- Ebenezer Alexander (7), born April 24,1765, Winchester, N. H., died December 6, 1843, Boston, married June 3, 1788. Rhoda Scott. Ebenezer lived in Winchester and Chesterfield, N. H., until about 1800, when he removed to Montague, Mass. About 1820 he removed to Boston. He was son of
- Asa Alexander (6), born October 17, 1742, Winchester, N. H., died November 4, 1811, married, November 13, 1762, Mary Bond, served in the French and Indian War. 'Asa (6) Alexander' was son of '
- Ebenezer Alexander (5), born about 1715, Northfield, Mass., died July 29, 1788, married Abigail Rockwood, lived in Northfield, Mass., and Winchester, N. H., served in the French and Indian War. Ebenezer (5) Alexander was son of
- Ebenezer Alexander (4), born October 17, 1684, died January 22,1768, married, October 10, 1709, Mehitable Buck. This Ebenezer Alexander lived in Wethersfield and Coventry, Conn., and then settled in Northfield, Mass. He was in the Louisburg expedition in 1745. Was deacon of the Northfield church for forty years, known as the "fighting deacon."
- John Alexander (3), born July 25, 1645, Windsor, Conn., died December 31, 1733, Northampton, Mass., married, November 18, 1671, Sarah Gaylord. He lived several years in Northfield, Mass., and elsewhere in Massachusetts.
- George Alexander (2), born probably in Scotland ; died May 5, 1703, married, March 18, 1644, Susanna Sage. He resided first in Windsor, Conn., removing to Northampton, and later to Northfield. His son John Alexander, was born in 1645. Daniel Alexander, another son, was wounded in King Philip's War. Another son was Nathaniel of Northampton.