Alexander Township is one of the fourteen townships of Athens County, Ohio. A small part of the village of Albany is located in southwestern Alexander Township. Alexander Township contains the unincorporated community of Pleasanton.
Alexander Township is one of the 4 original townships in Athens County. It was located and surveyed in 1795. Among the earliest residents are Robert Ross, William Gabriel, Amos Thompson, Enos Thompson, Edward Martin, Isaac Stanley, the Brooks Brothers (John, Jonathan, Joseph, Thomas, Isaac), Thomas and John Armstrong, Jared, Israel, and Martin Bobo, Caleb Merritt, Joel Lowther, Michael Bowers, William Strond, Esquire Bowman, Abner Smith, and Richard and William Reeves.
About 1827-8, a fire destroyed the earliest records of the township which were kept in the house of John McKee.
- Category: Alexander Township, Athens County, Ohio
- Wikipedia: Alexander Township, Athens County, Ohio
- Wikidata: Item Q922468, en:Wikipedia
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)