Location: Tavira, Faro, Portugal
Surnames/tags: Tavira Algarve Portugal_Project
This regional page is managed by the Algarve Team which is part of the Portugal Project. Click here to go back to the region page.
|A roman bridge with the city of Tavira.|
Tavira is presently composed by six parishes but historically it had seven. The list below contains some useful genealogical information. The patron saint is also included as paroquial records sometimes use it as a synonym for the parish's name.
|Name||Patron Saint||Additional information|
|Cachopo||Santo Estevão||Records range from 1633 to 1904.|
|Conceição||Nossa Senhora da Conceição|| Records range from 1686 to 1904.
In 1997 a new parish was created out of Conceição called Cabanas de Tavira, before being made extinct in 2013.
|Luz||Nossa Senhora da Luz||Records range from 1591 to 1904.|
|Santa Catarina da Fonte do Bispo||Santa Catarina||Records range from 1632 to 1904.|
|Santa Maria||Santa Maria do Castelo||Records range from 1562 to 1904.|
|Santiago||São Tiago|| Records range from 1589 to 1904.
In 1984 a new parish was created out of Santiago called Santa Luzia.
|Santo Estêvão||Nossa Senhora da Luz||Records range from 1614 to 1904.|
- ↑ Paroquial records of Cachopo, tombo.pt
- ↑ Paroquial records of Conceição, tombo.pt
- ↑ Paroquial records of Luz, tombo.pt
- ↑ Paroquial records of Santa Catarina da Fonte do Bispo, tombo.pt
- ↑ Paroquial records of Santa Maria, tombo.pt
- ↑ Paroquial records of Santiago, tombo.pt
- ↑ Paroquial records of Santo Estêvão, tombo.pt
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)