Surnames/tags: Alington England
Places associated with Alington
Horseheath, Cambridgeshire, England
Horseheath came into the Alington family with the marriage of William Alington to Dionysia Malet, the daughter and heir of William Malet of Horseheath.
Sources for Alington information
- Brydges, Egerton, Stebbing. Shaw, and England. The Topographer, for the Year 1790, Containing a Variety of Original Articles, Illustrative of the Local History and Antiquities of England, Etc. [Compiled by Sir Samuel Egerton Brydges and Stebbing Shaw.]. Vol. II. London: Robson & Clarke; J. Walker, 1790.
- Cokayne, George E. The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom : Extant, Extinct, or Dormant. London: St. Catherine Press, 1910. Volume 1. Available online from Family Search.
- Collectanea Topographical et Genealogica, Vol. 5 and 6. [Place of publication not identified]: Nichols, 1838.
- Great Britain., and Public Record Office. Calendar of Inquisitions Post Mortem and Other Analogous Documents Preserved in the Public Record Office. 2nd Series, Vol. 1, 2nd Series, Vol. 1,. London: H.M.S.O., 1898.
- Norrington, Ruth.In the Shadow of a Saint : Lady Alice More. Aylesbury (Darbonne House, High St., Waddesdon, Aylesbury, Bucks): Kylin Press, 1983. Not available online (I have a copy of this book, please contact me if you would like information from the book)
- Page, Augustine., and John Kirby. “A Supplement to the Suffolk Traveller, or, Topographical and Genealogical Collections : Concerning That County,” 1844. http://catalog.hathitrust.org/api/volumes/oclc/10646357.html.
- Saint-George, Henry, William Camden, John William Clay, and College of Arms (Great Britain). “The Visitation of Cambridge Made in a (1575) Continued and Enlarged with the Vissitation of the County Made by Henery St. George, Richmond Herald, Marshall and Deputy to Willm. Camdem, Clarenceulx, in a 1619, with Many Other Descents Added Therto,” 1897. http://catalog.hathitrust.org/api/volumes/oclc/3978835.html.
- Nick Kingsley's blog Landed families of Britain and Ireland - Alington