Location: G2G & WikiTree
Surnames/tags: g2g Weekend_Chat WikiTree_Love
The Weekend Chat is here to introduce G2G to the newer WikiTree members, and to increase the use of the G2G forum by all members.
About the Weekend Chat
Members can post in G2G at any time and receive answers and comments; It works great!
The Weekend Chat has a little different twist; its a weekly G2G post supported by the Integrators Project wherein members are invited to come together and "chat" about pretty much anything... but all in one place. In addition to being a real-time view of what we are doing, it provides weekly time-capsules of sorts for the future. You can Review Past Chats at any time.
Although it is not a true "chat" in terms of technology (it's a normal g2g post), it is monitored continually and we try our best to respond to each other in a timely fashion. Conversations are carried on at whatever pace the participants desire.
For lighter topics or when a stand-alone post is not desired the Chat is the perfect place to share.
For important topics, it's good to do both a stand-alone post and to post as an "answer" in the Chat. The more important it is then the more people should see it.
Rules / Guidelines / Procedures
As always, be nice. WikiTree is all about being polite and kind. Because our site is free and open and as genealogy is about families, in order to keep the chat fun for people of all ages, we need to remember our postings to the chat are open to the public. :-) So please no politics, crude language, or more adult type topics. Say something positive and above all have fun.
Please "flag" any inappropriate content. It will be reviewed, evaluated, and dealt with promptly.
Post as many answers on different topics as you wish, it's ok!
Everyone Is Invited to Participate
The Weekend Chat is for everyone. It's a place to catch up on what people are up to, and to share what you've been doing.
New members can say hello, introduce themselves, ask questions, and meet other members.
Our seasoned members can share what they have been working on, give tips and advice, or chime in on hot topics.
Post as many answers and comments as you wish! It doesn't hurt anyone to post a lot, and many will enjoy their multitude of reading options.
Yes, you may join the Trusted-List
Many people have asked to join the Trusted-List for this page so that they can receive notices regarding changes, news, and progress.
The new policy is "yes". Simply request to join by posting a comment on this page or contacting the Weekend Chat Leader Pip Sheppard or the Weekend Chat Coordinator Laura Bozzay and you will be added to the Trusted-List for this page.
The Weekend Chat Tag
Follow the G2G Tag: weekend_chat to receive notifications when the Chat is posted.
Click on the tag at any time to display previous posts with that tag.
Adjust the Tags you follow here: Tags Followed by (You)
Leaders and Coordinators of Projects
You are invited and encouraged to contribute weekly news about your projects. Recruit new members, spread praise to contributors, share news or accomplishments or future plans, etc. We'd like to hear from each project regularly.
- After much discussion, we have come to the conclusion that all answers in the Weekend Chat are of equal importance and weight. So we are going to discontinue the Best Answer portion as it adds points and then takes them away from posters and is causing some hurt feelings. So in the interest of everyone is equal and valued we will delete any best answers given which will deduct those points because it has been pointed out that to give everyone best answer is also not a viable option. *
This Weekend's Chat and Upcoming Chats
Pip Sheppard and Laura Bozzay will host most of the Weekend Chats unless noted below. We do encourage others to host and will help you do so. It is a good experience and a lot of fun! See below for more info on hosting the Weekend Chat.
The current Weekend Chat link will be posted here for each Weekend Chat for your convenience. Thank you, G2G Integrators Team.
Hosting the Weekend Chat
Contact about Hosting the Weekend Chat
We are always looking for enthusiastic members to host the Chat. If you are interested let us know!
G2G Weekend Chat Leader - Pip Sheppard
G2G Weekend Chat Coordinator - Laura Bozzay
Time Capsule - Review Past Chats
This list is still being compiled... thank you for your patience.
- January 10th - 13th, 2020 - Weekend Chat Canceled for the Scan A Thon.
- April 24 - 27, 2020 - Weekend Chat Canceled for the Spring Clean A Thon
- July 17th – 19th, 2020 Weekend Chat Canceled for the Connect-a-Thon.
- October 2 - 4, 2020 - Weekend Chat Canceled for the Fall Source A Thon.
- April 23rd - April 25th, 2021 - Weekend Chat Canceled for the Spring Clean A Thon
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: David Selman, Dorothy Barry, Bea Wijma, Pip Sheppard, and Laura Bozzay. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)