About the Project
The Allphin Name Study project serves as a collaborative platform to collect information on the Allphin name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join the study to help make it a valuable reference point for other genealogists who are researching or have an interest in the Allphin name.
As a One Name Study, this project is not limited to persons who are related biologically. Individual team studies can be used to branch out the research into specific methods and areas of interest, such as geographically (England Allphins), by time period (18th Century Allphins), or by topic (Allphin DNA, Allphin Occupations, Allphin Statistics). These studies may also include a number of family branches which have no immediate link with each other. Some researchers may even be motivated to go beyond the profile identification and research stage to compile fully sourced, single-family histories of some of the families they discover through this name study project.
Also see the related surnames and surname variants.
How to Join
To join the Allphin Name Study, first start out by browsing our current teams to see if there is a specific study ongoing that fits your interests. If so, feel free to add your name to the Membership list below, post an introduction comment on the specific team page, and then dive right in!
Once you are ready to go, you can also show your project affiliation with the ONS Member Sticker:
Related Surnames and Surname Variants
- Start with building a biography with sources for each profile
- Make sure to add all sourced family members. If you come across a parent/child/sibling/spouse that you cannot find a source for, please make a note on the profile of the connection so that they can be added in at a later time
- Help build the Allphin Story
- Are there any Orphaned Allphin Profiles that need improvement? Feel free to adopt one!
- Are there any Unsourced Allphin Profiles?
- Are there any Unconnected Allphin Profiles?
- Would You Like to Help? Allphin One name study Jun 18, 2020.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: One Name Studies WikiTree and Angelyn McCabe. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)