Location: United States
About the Project
The Alvis Name Study project serves as a collaborative platform to collect information on the Alvis name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join the study to help make it a valuable reference point for other genealogists who are researching or have an interest in the Alvis name.
As a One Name Study, this project is not limited to persons who are related biologically. Individual team studies can be used to branch out the research into specific methods and areas of interest, such as geographically (England Alvises), by time period (18th Century Alvises), or by topic (Alvis DNA, Alvis Occupations, Alvis Statistics). These studies may also include a number of family branches which have no immediate link with each other. Some researchers may even be motivated to go beyond the profile identification and research stage to compile fully sourced, single-family histories of some of the families they discover through this name study project.
Also see the related surnames and surname variants.
How to Join
To join the Alvis Name Study, first start out by browsing our current teams to see if there is a specific study ongoing that fits your interests. If so, feel free to add your name to the Membership list below, post an introduction comment on the specific team page, and then dive right in!
Once you are ready to go, you can also show your project affiliation with the ONS Member Sticker:
Related Surnames and Surname Variants
- Provide help to anyone interested in verifying his or her Alvis ancestry, including possible membership in DAR, SAR, and Founders and Patriots.
- Create a database of yDNA evidence for Alvis males.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson and One Name Studies WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)