Andrew_s_Photo_Album.jpg

Andrew's Photo Album

Privacy Level: Public (Green)
Date: [unknown] [unknown]
Location: [unknown]
Profile manager: Andrew Innes private message [send private message]
This page has been accessed 218 times.

Andrew's Photo Album

The 1940's

"A Tropical Christmas Tree" Ardenne Road, Kingston, Jamainca, 1945
Helen with her newborn second son, Andrew, and Billy on the right, 1947
Helen with her second son, Andrew, in front of the Cavina on which she sailed with her two sons to Bristol, England on leave in 1949
Bob and Helen with family in tow,(Andrew on left, in reins, and Bill on right in what appears to be a kilt, Oxford Street, 1949
Andrew with William, his grandfather, or Taid in Welsh, Plas Uchaf, 1949

On board the Cunard liner Ascania about to depart Liverpool for Montreal September 29, 1949.

Helen with Billy and Andrew. The Liver building can be seen in the background. Three years later in 1952, they again travelled on the Ascania from Liverpool to Montreal.
Bob has disembarked and is taking the photo dockside, Liverpool, 1952

Toronto, 1949

Andrew and Billy, with "Gramps" Halloween, Toronto, 1949
From the left, Billy, Helen Louise (Hassard), Andrew and Bobby Hassard, with Gramps at the rear, October 1949.

The 1950's

In 1951, we moved into Broadlands, a lovely, airy house with wide verandahs and even wider views. It was adjacent to the Sugar Research Institute of which Bob was the Director.

Andrew in front of Broadlands, age 4, 1951
The Town Square, Mandeville, Jamaica, with the Regency Court House in the background and Andrew in the foreground, 1952
The old Manchester School, Mandeville, Jamaica. It became the Public Library after the school moved to a modern building behind the Parish Church. It stood at right angles to the lych gate of the Parish Church, 1952

At the Negril Beach House

The Beach House was the only house on the beach in 1951 and to a little boy the Land Crabs seemed enormous. Every day, while there, we took the anti-malarial drug Paludrine.

Andrew and Billy in front of the beach house.

At Albion

Albion sat on top of a hill near Claremont in the Parish of St Anns, and was owned by Alcan, and before that by the Moulton Barrett family. It had no electricity and arriving after dark we would be greeted by Ventris, the caretaker and maid, holding an oil lamp. It was all very atmospheric if not downright spooky.

Albion on its hilltop with Bob Capstick, a family friend, in the foreground
Andrew and Billy at Albion, 1952
Andrew and Billy fishing for minnows, Albion, 1952




Comments

Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.