Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
This article is a stub. Anything you can add to it is appreciated.
Annapolis Royal, formerly known as Annapolis, is a town located in the western part of Annapolis County, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Today's Annapolis Royal evolved from the 1605 French settlement of Port-Royal, Acadie (briefly Charlesfort), renamed in honour of Queen Anne following the Siege of Port Royal in 1710 by Britain. The town was the capital of Acadia and later Nova Scotia for almost 150 years, until the founding of the City of Halifax in 1749. It was attacked by the British six times before permanently changing hands after the Siege of Port Royal in 1710.
See Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia : Citing
(1) A History of Nova Scotia, Beamish Murdoch, 1866;
(2) History of the County of Annapolis, WA Calnek, 1897.
- Capt. Phineas Lovett Sr. (1711-Bef 1801)
- Col. Phineas Lovett Jr. (1745-1828)
- Annapolis Heritage Society History of Annapolis Royal
- ↑ Wikipedia Article for Annapolis Royal. Accessed 2018.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)