In 1857 Antonia Åberg went to Visby on Gotland, accompanying her younger brother Aron Melcher, who was to apprentice with a tanner there. Antonia served in the same household for a time, while he settled in. Antonia returned to Borgholm before her brother, in December 1857. She went to Stockholm in September 1858.
In 1859 Antonia Åberg lived in a worker family in the quarter Pahl in Katarina parish on Söder. She moved from Katarina to Jakob parish 7 November 1860. There she was going to live at Skeppsholmen. Antonia Åberg moved from Jakob parish to Hedvig Eleonora 30 November 1861. In the household record for 1861 she was in the household of steamship captain Carl Johan Bergström in Hedvig Eleonora parish, the quarter Fyrkanten, Nr 4. 20 September 1862 Antonia Åberg left Hedvig Eleonora parish with the stated intention to go to Borgholm (back home).
23 January 1863 Antonia Åberg gave birth to a son out of wedlock in the town of Kalmar. He was named Josef Wilhelm Malkus. The boy was fostered away as the sixth child in a worker family in Kalmar, whose youngest son was born exactly the same day as Antonia's son. In both these records it is noted that Antonia's place of residence is unknown.
15 November 1863 Antonia Åberg came from Kalmar to Vendel parish in Uppland, to work at Örbyhus inn. She did not stay long, but moved to Stockholm 23 February 1864. From her credentials it is entered in this household record that she is the daughter of brewer O. Åberg and that she has given birth to an illegitimate child in Kalmar.
Daughter Alma Paulina was born in Katarina parish, Stockholm, 17 May 1867 to unknown parents. This means that Antonia Åberg had excercised her right to give birth anonymously (there are three more cases on the same page). However, Alma Paulina was registered the same year as living with her mother, seamstress Antonia Åberg, in the quarter Beckbrännaren Större on Söder in Stockholm. In 1868 Antonia still lived in Katarina parish, in Tjärhovet Större, with daughter Alma and a foster son, baby Carl Erik.
In 1869 Antonia Åberg with daughter Alma Paulina lived in the quarter Vinkelhaken in Klara parish. In 1872 the seamstress Antonia Åberg and daughter Alma lived in Adolf Fredrik parish. In 1873 they lived in Klara parish. (Both parishes on Norrmalm in Stockholm). Antonia seems to have had her daughter with her until she died.
- ↑ Köpings kyrkoarkiv, Födelse- och dopböcker, SE/VALA/00211/C/4 (1826-1860), bildid: C0027908_00047, sida 76 Riksarkivet SVAR
- ↑ Köping (H) AI:10 (1838-1845) Bild 76 / Sida 69 | SVAR image (free)
- ↑ Köping (H) AI:11 (1845-1850) Bild 83 / Sida 75 | SVAR image (free)
- ↑ Köping (H) AI:13 (1850-1856) Bild 84 / Sida 74 | SVAR image (free)
- ↑ Visby stadsförsamling (I) AI:48 (1855-1860) Bild 140 / Sida 21 | SVAR image (free)
- ↑ Köping (H) AI:15 (1857-1860) Bild 85 / Sida 78 | SVAR image (free)
- ↑ Katarina (A, AB) AI:115 (1859) Bild 137 / Sida 261 | SVAR image (free)
- ↑ Katarina (A, AB) BII:8 (1859-1863) Bild 240 | SVAR image (free)
- ↑ Jakob och Johannes (A, AB) BIa:9 (1860-1863) Bild 316 / Sida 309 | SVAR image (free)
- ↑ Jakob och Johannes (A, AB) BIIa:9 (1860-1865) Bild 240 / Sida 236 | SVAR image (free)
- ↑ Hedvig Eleonora (A, AB) BIa:14 (1861-1865) Bild 120 / Sida 8 | SVAR image (free)
- ↑ Hedvig Eleonora (A, AB) AIa:57 (1858-1861) Bild 352 | SVAR image (free)
- ↑ Hedvig Eleonora (A, AB) BIIa:11 (1860-1865) Bild 242 | SVAR image (free)
- ↑ Kalmar kyrkoarkiv, Födelse- och dopböcker, SE/VALA/00177/C/11 (1861-1866), bildid: A0006783_00035 Riksarkivet SVAR
- ↑ Kalmar stadsförsamling (H) AI:67 (1863-1868) Bild 216 / Sida 427 | SVAR image (free)
- ↑ Vendel (C) B:3 (1861-1894) Bild 20 / Sida 33 | SVAR image (free)
- ↑ Vendel (C) AI:15a (1861-1871) Bild 241 / Sida 222 | SVAR image (free)
- ↑ Katarina kyrkoarkiv, Födelse- och dopböcker, SE/SSA/0009/C I/14 (1863-1867), bildid: 00011121_00402, sida 266 Riksarkivet SVAR
- ↑ Katarina (A, AB) AI:131 (1867) Bild 219 / Sida 423
- ↑ Katarina (A, AB) AI:133 (1868) Bild 240 / Sida 469
- ↑ Klara (A, AB) AI:148 (1869) Bild 98
- ↑ Adolf Fredrik (A, AB) AI:92 (1872) Bild 176 / Sida 343
- ↑ Klara (A, AB) AI:156 (1873) Bild 68
- ↑ Adolf Fredriks kyrkoarkiv, Död- och begravningsböcker, SE/SSA/0001/F I/10 (1871-1877), bildid: 00028437_00155, sida 11 Riksarkivet SVAR
- ↑ "Sweden Burials, 1649-1920," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FK12-G59 : 5 December 2014), Antonea Aberg, 21 Mar 1875; citing Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden, reference ; FHL microfilm 1,794,706.