Location: Arbuckle, California
Surnames/tags: Cemetery Arbuckle Colusa_County
This page is part of the California Cemeteries Team.
Cemetery name: Arbuckle Cemetery
Address: 400 State Highway 99 W, Arbuckle, CA 95912
GPS Coordinates: 39.0243520, -122.0580230
Information: Phone: (530) 476-2534, California
Found in Arbuckle, California and 2.5 miles from town center of Arbuckle, this business (mortuary) is in Colusa County and assists the surrounding areas of: College City, Wilbur Springs, Leesville, Sycamore, Knights Lndg, Esparto, Tierra Buena, Pennington, West Linda, Plumas Lake, Arboga, Codora, Trowbridge, Verona, East Nicolaus, and Verona Landing.
This thriving business town, of about three hundred and fifty population, is located on the Northern Railroad twenty miles from Colusa and six miles from the Yolo County line. Its chief support is derived from the ranches of productive lands which lie around it. It was laid out and surveyed in 1875, and was called for T. R. Arbuckle, on whose ranch, then consisting of one thousand nine hundred acres, the town was built. He encouraged the creation of a new town here by giving lots to those who would build on them. The first building was erected by William Dalbrow and John Ward in 1875. The first train of cars entered the place July 4, 1876. A new district for the school was formed in 1877, and a school house erected, with Miss Annie Linton the first teacher. When the Postoffice was established, in 1876, T. R. Arbuckle became the first postmaster of the place. Its water supply is obtained from wells bored to a depth of from seventy to eighty feet, from which the water is pumped into tanks by windmil. (Ref: http://history.rays-place.com/ca/col-arbuckle.htm)
About Arbuckle Cemetery Project
This page was created for Arbuckle Cemetery to document our ancestors that are interred there, it is managed by the California Cemeteries Team, part of the Global Cemeteries Project.
To assist our Cemeterists in this ongoing project, there is a Table of Interments at the bottom of this page. This is a sort-able listing of individuals interred at this cemetery, some of whom are linked to existing WikiTree profiles. Although all grave markers in this cemetery are being photographed, the photos can only be displayed for individuals with existing WikiTree profiles.
If you know of a person interred at this cemetery that should be linked to an existing WikiTree profile, or needs to have a profile created for them, please contact Laurel Beebe for assistance, or one of the Cemeterists for the California Cemeteries Team.
Overview of Our Tasks Completed
- In progress
- Approximately 0% in progress
- In progress
- 0 transcriptions completed
- 0 photographs linked in Table of Interments, below.
Profiles On other lists
Ways to Contribute to this Cemetery
Project members are needed to:
- Collect data and take original photographs of cemetery and individual grave markers.
- GPS data, transcription, and photography are essential to document each marker, follow the guidelines for photography, and transcription.
- Our goal is to accurately represent our ancestors, when complete everyone listed on our Table of Interments will be linked to their own WikiTree profile, and to a photo of their grave marker.
- Validate links and transcription information.
- Profile and photo links, as well as transcribed information needs to be cross-checked to ensure accuracy.
- Create an audio/video tour of the cemetery.
- Record a virtual tour of the cemetery, taking the viewer around the cemetery to explore the history of the people buried here.
Table of Interments
|Last Name||First Name||Maiden Name||Born||Died||Photo||Find A Grave Profile|
|Stetson||Laurence Kenneth||16 Oct 1888||10 Feb 1953||Find A Grave: Memorial #92760735|
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)