The Convict Transport Archduke Charles departed Cork Ireland on 15 May 1812 - Arriving at Port Jackson on 16 February 1813
The Archduke Charles was built in Newcastle, England in 1809.
This ship transported convicts from Ireland to Australia while under the command of J.P. Jeffries [sic]. She departed Cork on 15 May 1812, with 147 male and 54 female convicts. She was one of only two convict transports after 1811 to carry both men and women convicts; after 1815, no vessel did. WIKITREE
Master: J. P Jeffreys
Surgeon: John Pawson
Passengers and military guard included Lieutenant John Burbridge and Lieutenant Philip Connor of the 1st Battalion, 73rd regiment, with a detachment of thirty non-commissioned officers and privates to join the Battalion. FREE SETTLER OR FELON?
Archduke Charles arrived on 16 February 1813 in Port Jackson, New South Wales; two male convicts had died during the voyage. The voyage took over nine months due to her having to replace her rudder at the Cape of Good Hope enroute.
- The Irish Convicts to New South Wales 1788-1849 website, provided by Peter Mayberry at: http://members.pcug.org.au/~ppmay/cgi-bin/irish/irish.cgi?requestType=Search&ship=Archduke+Charles+(1813)
- Convicts on the transport ship Archduke Charles - 1813 from the Convict Stockade website at: http://www.historyaustralia.org.au/twconvic/Archduke+Charles+1813
- Passengers and convicts of the Archduke Charles identified in the Hunter Valley from the Free Settler or Felon? website at: https://www.jenwilletts.com/searchaction.php?page=1&ship=archduke%20charles%201813&firstname= (incomplete)
- Details for the ship Archduke Charles (1813) from the Claim a Convict website at: http://www.hawkesbury.net.au/claimaconvict/shipDetails.php?shipId=90 (incomplete)
- Archduke Charles voyage to New South Wales, Australia in 1812 with 13 passengers from the Convict Records website at: https://convictrecords.com.au/ships/archduke-charles/1812 (incomplete)
- Convict Ship Archduke Charles 1813 from the Free Settler or Felon? website at: https://www.jenwilletts.com/convict_ship_archduke_charles_1813.htm
- Archduke Charles (1809 ship) from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archduke_Charles_(1809_ship)
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)