Surnames/tags: Ardea Laois Leinster
|Ireland||Main Laois Page||Category for Ardea Parish||Civil Parishes in County Laois|
Part of the Ireland Project
- This information page for the Civil Parish contains a list of all the townlands in the parish and links to the category for the townland (if it has been created). There also may be notes about the individual townlands.
- This page is maintained by the County Laois team
Ardea Civil Parish
- Irish or Alternate Name: Oireadh.
- Logainm Link: Ardea Parish on Logainm.ie
- Barony: Portnahinch
- Province: Leinster
Population Centres of Ardea Civil Parish
- Note: Population centres for this Parish, where known, are shown here. For a full list see Towns of County Laois
- Irish or Alternate Name: Móinteach Mílic.
- Wikipedia entry for Mountmellick
- Map: Google Maps OpenStreetMap
- A town in the north of County Laois, Ireland. It lies on the N80 national secondary road and the R422 and R423 regional roads.
The Townlands of Ardea Civil Parish
- The townlands in Ardea Parish (Oireadh) are those taken from Ardea Parish on Logainm.ie and validated against townlands on Townlands.ie, PlacenamesNI.org where appropriate, Griffiths valuations data and the 1901 and 1911 censuses. A link is provided in the notes for the 1901 and 1911 census. Please note that these may not always work if the townland was not available on the census in question. The census site may also substitute a similar name so be prepared for unexpected results!
- If the townland has a category it will be linked in the table below. If there is no link and you need the category please contact David to get the category created or put in a request for the category to be created. Alternatively, if you feel condifent to do so, see Townland Category Information Boxes below for how to create them yourself.
Townland Irish/Alternate name WikiTree Category Link Notes Acragar An tAcra Gearr 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballintaggart Baile an tSagairt 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballycrossal Baile Crasail 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballycullenbeg Baile Uí Chuilín Beag 1901 Census, 1911 Census Brittas An Briotás 1901 Census, 1911 Census Cloncosney Cluain Chosnamhaigh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Clonterry Cluain Tairbh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Dangans Na Daingin 1901 Census, 1911 Census Debicot Diob an Choite 1901 Census, 1911 Census Derrycloney Doire Cluana 1901 Census, 1911 Census Derrydavy Doire Dháibhí 1901 Census, 1911 Census Derrygile Doire Gaill 1901 Census, 1911 Census Killeen or Killeenlynagh An Cillín nó Cillín Laighneach 1901 Census, 1911 Census Kilmainham Cill Mhaighneann 1901 Census, 1911 Census Kilnacash Coill na Ceasach 1901 Census, 1911 Census Knightstown or Ballinriddery Baile an Ridire 1901 Census, 1911 Census Lauragh An Láithreach 1901 Census, 1911 Census Portnahinch Port na hInse 1901 Census, 1911 Census Sronagh Srónach 1901 Census, 1911 Census Strahard An Srath Ard 1901 Census, 1911 Census Tinnakill Tigh na Coille 1901 Census, 1911 Census
- A list of external resources for this parish may be placed here. More general souces for Laois should be added to the main Laois page.
- Whilst care is taken to ensure links are not made to disreputable, phishing or other sites of doubtful integrity it is your responsibility to ensure that you are not going to such a site by clicking on one of the links which may have been added after this page was created.
Townland Category Information Boxes
- For the full 'How to' on creating Irish location categories please read 'Creating Location Categories for Ireland'
- The pre-formatted line for each townland and the fully formatted CIB header can be seen below this page when in edit mode. Please ensure you have read the 'How to' before doing anything. Briefly, the pre-formatted line in the hidden text is used to replace the line above. The CIB text is pasted into the category which is created by clicking on the red category link.
- Parish format version 3.3. Team links in CIBs now implemented.
- Information shown on this page may have been sourced from one or more of the following sources.
- Logainm.ie The Placenames Database of Ireland created by Fiontar & Scoil na Gaeilge in collaboration with The Placenames Branch (Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht).
- Placenamesni.org a UK Government website managed by the Information Unit of Land & Property Services (LPS) Agency, Department of Finance and Personnel (DFP)
- Griffiths Valuation AskAboutIreland.ie and the Cultural Heritage Project is an initiative of public libraries together with local museums and archives.
- Townlands.ie Irish Townlands derived from OpenStreetMap data under the Open Data Commons Open Database License (ODbL).
- Census of Ireland 1901/1911 and Census fragments and substitutes, 1821-51
- List of towns and villages in the Republic of Ireland and List of towns and villages in Northern Ireland
- General alphabetical index to townlands and towns, parishes and baronies of Ireland Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive