Surnames/tags: Armistead Armisted Armstad
About the Project
The Armistead Name Study project serves as a collaborative platform to collect information on the Armistead name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join the study to help make it a valuable reference point for other genealogists who are researching or have an interest in the Armistead name.
As a One Name Study, this project is not limited to persons who are related biologically. Individual studies can be used to branch out the research into specific methods and areas of interest, such as geographically (England Armisteads), by time period (18th CenturyArmisteads), or by topic (Armistead DNA, Armistead Occupations, Armistead Statistics). These studies may also include a number of family branches which have no immediate link with each other. Some researchers may even be motivated to go beyond the profile identification and research stage to compile fully sourced, single-family histories of some of the families they discover through this name study project.
Also see the related surnames and surname variants.
How to Join
To join the Armistead Name Study, first start out by browsing our current research pages to see if there is a specific study ongoing that fits your interests. If so, feel free to add your name to the Membership list below, post an introduction comment on the specific team page, and then dive right in!
Once you are ready to go, you can also show your project affiliation with the ONS Member Sticker:
Here are some of the current research pages included in the study. I'll be working on them, and could use your help!
Related Surnames and Surname Variants
- Wills, Deeds, Census, and Records.
- Related web Page [Fitzwater], Armitstead Data extracted from Parish Registers and from the Index of the Central Register.
- The former hamlet of Armitstead, Giggleswick, from which the surname derives, is situated in Giggleswick close to the boundary between the two parishes. The nearest township to Armitstead on the Clapham side of the boundary is Lawkland.
- Armitstead House in Giggleswick, North Yorkshire.
- Bastardy Bonds Filings Warren County 1779- 1868
- North Carolina Digital Collection "Armistead"
- Armistead one name study origination
- The parish register of Saint Peter's, New Kent county, Virginia from 1680 to 1787
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Alexander Perez and One Name Studies WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)