The voyage of the immigrant ship Ashmore to the South Australian Colony in 1883
From the Adelaide Observer of Saturday 8 September 1883 we see:
ASHMORE, barque, 1,099 tons, James Whitmore, master, from London June 8, Plymouth June 15. Elder, Smith, and Co., agents. Passengers—Dr. W. H. Tyndal King, Surgeon Superintendent, in the saloon; and 371 Government immigrants in the steerage.
- type: ship (for this voyage she was rigged as a barque)
- size: 1,099 - 1,179 tons
- built: Port Glasgow
- sailed: from Plymouth, 15 June 1883
- master: James Whitmore
- surgeon superintendent: W. H. Tindall King
- arrived: Port Adelaide, 1 September 1883
- passengers: 374 immigrants
Passenger Lists etc.
- IMMIGRANTS PER ASHMORE. from the South Australian Register (Adelaide, SA : 1839 - 1900) of Monday 3 September 1883, Page 7. first accessed online on the 29th of November at: http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/43466626
- 6/1883 - Ashmore from the State Records of South Australia, Passenger Lists 1845 - 1940. first accessed online on the 29th of November, 2019 at: https://www.archives.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/831913/GRG35_48_1_83-6_Ashmore.pdf
- LATEST SHIPPING. from The South Australian Advertiser (Adelaide, SA : 1858 - 1889) of Monday 3 September 1883, Page 4. first accessed online on the 29th of November, 2019 at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/33768925?
- UNITED STATES FINANCES. from the South Australian Register (Adelaide, SA : 1839 - 1900) of Monday 3 September 1883, Page 5. first accessed online on the 30th of November, 2019 at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/43466571/4038669
- SHIPPING. from the Adelaide Observer (SA : 1843 - 1904) of Saturday 8 September 1883, Page 20. first accessed online on the 30th of November, 2019 at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/160087349?
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)