Surnames/tags: Aughrim Galway Connacht
|Ireland||Main Galway Page||Category for Aughrim Parish||Civil Parishes in County Galway|
Part of the Ireland Project
- This information page for the Civil Parish contains a list of all the townlands in the parish and links to the category for the townland (if it has been created). There also may be notes about the individual townlands.
- This page is maintained by the County Galway team
Aughrim Civil Parish
- Irish or Alternate Name: Eachroim.
- Logainm Link: Aughrim Parish on Logainm.ie
- Baronies: Clonmacnowen, Kilconnell
- Province: Connacht
Population Centres of Aughrim Civil Parish
- Note: Population centres for this Parish are shown here. For a full list see Towns of County Galway
The Townlands of Aughrim Civil Parish
- The townlands in Aughrim Parish (Eachroim) are those taken from Aughrim Parish on Logainm.ie and validated against townlands on Townlands.ie, PlacenamesNI.org where appropriate, Griffiths valuations data and the 1901 and 1911 censuses. A link is provided in the notes for the 1901 and 1911 census. Please note that these may not always work if the townland was not available on the census in question. The census site may also substitute a similar name so be prepared for unexpected results!
- If the townland has a category it will be linked in the table below. If there is no link and you need the category please contact David to get the category created or put in a request for the category to be created. Alternatively, if you feel condifent to do so, see Townland Category Information Boxes below for how to create them yourself.
Townland Irish/Alternate name WikiTree Category Link Notes Attidermot Áit Tí Diarmada 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballyeighter An Baile Íochtarach 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballyhoolahan Baile Mhic Uallacháin 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballynahown Baile na hAbhann 1901 Census, 1911 Census Caltragh An Chealtrach 1901 Census, 1911 Census Carrowmore An Cheathrú Mhór 1901 Census, 1911 Census Cartronsheela Cartrún Síle Category:Cartronsheela Townland, Aughrim Parish, County Galway 1901 Census, 1911 Census Cloghagalla Eighter Na Clocha Geala Íochtair 1901 Census, 1911 Census Cloghagalla Oughter Na Clocha Geala Uachtair 1901 Census, 1911 Census Cloonameragaun Cúil na Méaragán 1901 Census, 1911 Census Coololla Cúil Ola 1901 Census, 1911 Census Cooltymurraghy Cúil Tí Murchú 1901 Census, 1911 Census Doocreggaun An Dúchreagán 1901 Census, 1911 Census Foats or Levallynearl Fóit nó Leathbhaile an Iarla 1901 Census, 1911 Census Garrymore An Garraí Mór 1901 Census, 1911 Census Garrynamishaun or Aughrim Plots Garraí na Miseán 1901 Census, 1911 Census Hardwood An Choill Chrua 1901 Census, 1911 Census Highfield An Cheapach Ard 1901 Census, 1911 Census
This townland extends into Kilgerrill Civil Parish.
Kilcommadan Cill Chumadáin 1901 Census, 1911 Census Killareeny Coill Bhraonaigh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Kinnaveelish Roinn Mhílis 1901 Census, 1911 Census Lissavahaun Lios an Mheatháin 1901 Census, 1911 Census Moat An Móta 1901 Census, 1911 Census Newcastle An Caisleán Nua 1901 Census, 1911 Census
This townland extends into Killallaghtan Civil Parish.
Northbrook Garraí an Átháin 1901 Census, 1911 Census Oatfield Corr an Choirce 1901 Census, 1911 Census
- A list of external resources may be placed here
- Whilst care is taken to ensure links are not made to disreputable, phishing or other sites of doubtful integrity it is your responsibility to ensure that you are not going to such a site by clicking on one of the links below which may have been added after this page was created.
Townland Category Information Boxes
- For the full 'How to' on creating Irish location categories please read 'Creating Location Categories for Ireland'
- The pre-formatted line for each townland and the fully formatted CIB header can be seen below this page when in edit mode. Please ensure you have read the 'How to' before doing anything. Briefly, the pre-formatted line in the hidden text is used to replace the line above. The CIB text is pasted into the category which is created by clicking on the red category link.
- Information shown on this page may have been sourced from one or more of the following sources.
- Logainm.ie The Placenames Database of Ireland created by Fiontar & Scoil na Gaeilge in collaboration with The Placenames Branch (Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht).
- Placenamesni.org a UK Government website managed by the Information Unit of Land & Property Services (LPS) Agency, Department of Finance and Personnel (DFP)
- Griffiths Valuation AskAboutIreland.ie and the Cultural Heritage Project is an initiative of public libraries together with local museums and archives.
- Townlands.ie Irish Townlands derived from OpenStreetMap data under the Open Data Commons Open Database License (ODbL).
- Census of Ireland 1901/1911 and Census fragments and substitutes, 1821-51
- List of towns and villages in the Republic of Ireland and List of towns and villages in Northern Ireland
- General alphabetical index to townlands and towns, parishes and baronies of Ireland Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive