Thanks for installing AWT+
Please click the tree button.
|Click the tree button to build your ancestor list.
On any profile, you'll see AWT+ buttons. Click the tree. It may then take you to the API log in page. Then, when you return, the feature below will work. You may have seen this before, but I've improved the code, and you need to click the tree for this to work. Please don't click the tree then leave the page. It needs to run for a few minutes.
Highlight your ancestors
On a profile page of one of your ancestors, a green border is added to the profile image (at the top, next to the name).
You can also see your relationship to the ancestor in a button. Click the button to see the list of ancestors connecting you with your ancestor. If you have more than one line to your ancestor, you can see each line.
|Your ancestor's relationship to you, and the line of ancestors.
To enable this, you need to click the tree button (below). This should take you to log in to the API and then build a 20-generation Ahnentafel database in your browser. When you click the tree, it should shake for a few minutes and then show your connection to your ancestor (as above).
- (a) The database is static. If you feel it needs to be rebuilt, you can delete your ancestor list data by hovering over the tree and clicking the bare tree which should appear. Click the button to clear the database and start again.
- (b) If you have ancestors going further back than 20 generations, you can click the tree again to continue building your table. It will then grow your table three generations at a time. The futher you go back, the longer it takes.
- (c) This is not perfect.
- (d) This uses some of the code from Chase Ashley's Ancestor Explorer app, which is much better than anything I can do. Thanks, Chase!
If you have any problems with this feature (or anything else), please let me know.
Highlight your cousins
On a cousin's profile (including aunts, uncles, etc.) you should see your relationship to that person and the line from that person to your closest common ancestor. It may take a short while to load the first time, but this information will be saved in your browser for quick retrieval later.
New features (v. 10.3.2)
- Moving 'Save' buttons: On the profile Edit page, I'm moving the save buttons and explanation box to the middle of the page (in the right-hand column) to save you having to scroll down to the bottom all the time. It appears to be two sets of the buttons and textbox, but it's the same ones, moving up and down the page as you scroll.
- Big 'comment' and 'reply' buttons on G2G: Some people asked for this recently, so here it is.
- Change summary checkboxes: Below the change summary textbox (on the Edit page), I've changed the radio buttons to check boxes. If you check a box it will add the text to the textbox (just as it does now with the radio buttons), but then if you uncheck the box, it will remove the added text. It's better.
- Black theme: When your eyes are tired, switch to white text on a black background. You can choose this by clicking the dress icon a few times. (See what you think...)
These features (moving save buttons and big comment buttons) can both be disabled on the Options page, which you can find in two ways:
- Click the icon. You should see a picture of a table and in the bottom right, there's a gears icon.
- Right-click the icon and choose 'Options'.
Hopefully, no-one will go to G2G asking about changes on the site that actually come through this extension.
By the way... I'm seriously thinking about changing the name of this extension. The original purpose was to put data from Ancestry into wiki tables (hence the name), but then I added lots of different features and added the '+' to the name. Now, I'd like to change it. Any ideas?
Please see the Auto WikiTree Tables + free space page for more details.
(Unfortunately, it sometimes takes a long time to load...)
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)