Location: Bailieborough, County Cavan, Ireland
J. was extremely fortunate to visit Bailieborough, County Cavan, Ireland, in July 1970. He accompanied his paternal grandmother and his paternal aunt on trip from Shannon Airport, Ireland, London, northern England, Wales, Scotland (to name a few). This page is designed to be a place to accumulate a variety of links and images related to this area of Ireland.
- Potential source (not yet obtained): Bailieborough : a pictorial past, Leslie McKeague (BailiePublications: Bailieborough, Ireland, 2010). [Only held by three libraries (Jan 2022) per WorldCat.)
- Also applicable to other Irish research: This is a "fantastic" site which includes Griffith's Valuation (book information "linked" to map information) probably plus lots more:
- There is a little bit of information, including a section on history, about the community at this site: http://bailieborough.com/
- The founder of Baillieborough, William Baillie, has a Wikipedia page, but there does not appear to be enough information (yet?) to create a WikiTree profile.
- General overview of Bailieborough via Wikipedia is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bailieborough
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)