About the Project
The Baker Name Study project serves as a collaborative platform to collect information on the Baker name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join the study to help make it a valuable reference point for other genealogists who are researching or have an interest in the Baker name.
As a One Name Study, this project is not limited to persons who are related biologically. Individual team studies can be used to branch out the research into specific methods and areas of interest, such as geographically (England Bakers), by time period (18th Century Bakers), or by topic (Baker DNA, Baker Occupations, Baker Statistics). These studies may also include a number of family branches which have no immediate link with each other. Some researchers may even be motivated to go beyond the profile identification and research stage to compile fully sourced, single-family histories of some of the families they discover through this name study project.
Also see the related surnames and surname variants.
How to Join
To join the Baker Name Study, first start out by browsing our current teams to see if there is a specific study ongoing that fits your interests. If so, feel free to add your name to the Membership list below, post an introduction comment on the specific team page, and then dive right in!
Once you are ready to go, you can also show your project affiliation with the ONS Member Sticker:
Teams / Research Pages
- Brett Carpenter
- Annemarie Hanlon - interested in the ancestors and descendants of Missouri-born John Baker who married Penelope "Ella" Stanley in Vancouver, Washington on 24 Dec 1890. Can't find either of them in the 1900 census - where in heck did they go?
- Example: Name - I am interested in the Bakers of Europe during the 18th Century. I am hoping that this research will help me break down one of my brick walls!
1. Add ONE_NAME_STUDIES to your list of followed tags. That way you'll see all our discussions in G2G. 2. Add BAKER to your list of followed tags. That way you'll see all our discussions in G2G. 3. Add this to your BAKER relatives:
Related Surnames and Surname Variants
- Document and correctly connect all Baker lines on Wiki Tree.
- Add Baker DNA results to help confirm connections.
- Create a meaningful bio for each profile so that it represents a person's life.
- Develop a reference library specifically for Baker genealogy research.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Freida Burroughs and One Name Studies WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)