IMMIGRANT SHIP BALLARAT'S voyage to Port Phillip in 1852
The maiden voyage for the ship "Ballarat" left London, England in early August, 1852, arriving in Melbourne, Victoria on November 4 1852.
type: ship (changed to Barque rigged in 1865)
built: 1852 (Aberdeen Scotland)
size: 713 tons
left: London August 1852,
master: Henry Jones
ships surgeon: possibly Dr. James Selby
arrived: Melbourne November 4, 1852 (78 days)
passengers: cabin, Mr and Mrs Ryder and family, Mr and Mrs Jackson, Miss Bancombe, Capt Wolfe, Messrs Lloyd Jones, Lloyd Jones, junr, Beckwith, Causer, Browne, W H Bullock, Jas. Selby, Esq, Surgeon, and one hundred and thirty-four in the Intermediate and steerage. TROVE
- PASSENGER LIST OF THE "BALLARAT" WHICH LEFT LONDON ON ITS INAUGURAL VOYAGE ON 8/9 AUGUST 1852 from the Immigrant Ships Transcribers Guild website at: https://www.immigrantships.net/v3/1800v3/ballarat18521104.html
- Aberdeen Built Ships, Ballarat at: http://www.aberdeenships.com/single.asp?offset=200&index=99548
- Public Record Office Victoria, Unassisted passenger lists, (1852-1923) Record Series Number (VPRS): 947, https://prov.vic.gov.au/index.php/explore-collection/explore-topic/passenger-records-and-immigration/unassisted-passenger-lists
- SHIPPING INTELLIGENCE. from The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1957) of Friday 5 November 1852, Page 4. at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/4787980?
- Ship News. from The Cornwall Chronicle (Launceston, Tas. : 1835 - 1880) of Saturday 13 November 1852, Page 754. at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/65580856 & https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/65580856/6228481
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)