Location: Dungarvan, Wateford, Ireland
Biography for Ballinacourty
Ballinacourty, officially Ballynacourty (Irish: Baile na Cúirte, meaning "town of the court or Courtown"), is a rural area on the southern coast of Ireland near Dungarvan, County Waterford.
Ballincourty has plenty of attractions including it own lighthouse which is situated on the rocky eastern shore of Dungarvan Harbour, in County Waterford, Ireland
Biography for Dungarvan
- Dungarvan (Irish: Dún Garbhán, meaning "Garbhann's Fort") is a coastal town and harbour in County Waterford, on the south coast of Ireland. Prior to the merger of Waterford County Council with Waterford City Council in 2014, Dungarvan was the county town and administrative centre of County Waterford. Waterford City and County Council retains administrative offices in the town. The town's Irish name means "Garbhann's fort", referring to Saint Garbhann who founded a church there in the seventh century. The town lies on the N25 road (European route E30), which connects Cork, Waterford and Rosslare Europort.
Biography for Waterford
- Waterford (from Old Norse Veðrafjǫrðr [weðrɑfjɒrðr̩], meaning "ram (wether) fjord", Irish: Port Láirge) is a city in Ireland. It is in County Waterford in the south east of Ireland and is part of the province of Munster. The city is situated at the head of Waterford Harbour. It is the oldest and the fifth most populous city in the Republic of Ireland. It is the eighth most populous city on the island of Ireland. Waterford City and County Council is the local government authority for the city. According to the 2016 Census, 53,504 people live in the city, with a wider metropolitan population of 82,963.
- Famously known for its Waterford Crystal, The earlier productions which was first established in 1783 by 2 brothers brothers George and William Penrose, it had closed in 1851 and re opened 100 years later.
- In January 2009, the main Waterford Crystal base was closed due to the insolvency of Waterford Wedgwood PLC. In June 2010, Waterford Crystal relocated almost back to its original roots, on The Mall in Waterford city centre.
- WaterfordWikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballinacourty
NAMES OF DIRECT ANCESTORS ONLY
- Micheal Obrien A memorial page has been added to facebook on 18/03/2019: https://www.facebook.com/groups/660743801039886/
- Micheal Obrien
- John Obrien
- Michael Brien
- Catherine Cupid
- Bridget Keane
- Michael Keane
- Johanna Troy
- Johanna Murray
- John Murray
- Michael Murray
- Bridget Power
- Johanna Coughlan
- John Coughlan
- Johanna Long
Things to Do
- Find other attractions
- Find cemeteries
- Find families who lived there
- Find Businesses(shops)
- Find any famous people
- Find Railway lines
- Find famous racecourses, horses and jockeys
- Make profiles for Jockeys not already on WT
- Find Schools
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)