Surnames/tags: Ballyhay Cor Munster
|Main Cork Page
|Category for Ballyhay Parish
|Civil Parishes in County Cork
Part of the Ireland Project
- This information page for the Civil Parish contains a list of all the townlands in the parish and links to the category for the townland (if it has been created). There also may be notes about the individual townlands.
- This page is maintained by the County Cork team
Ballyhay Civil Parish
- Irish or Alternate Name: Bealach Átha.
- Logainm Link: Ballyhay Parish on Logainm.ie
- Baronies: Fermoy, Orrery and Kilmore
- Province: Munster
Population Centres of Ballyhay Civil Parish
- Note: Population centres for this Parish, where known, are shown here. For a full list see Towns of County Cork
The Townlands of Ballyhay Civil Parish
- The townlands in Ballyhay Parish (Bealach Átha) are those taken from Ballyhay Parish on Logainm.ie and validated against townlands on Townlands.ie, PlacenamesNI.org where appropriate, Griffiths valuations data and the 1901 and 1911 censuses. A link is provided in the notes for the 1901 and 1911 census. Please note that these may not always work if the townland was not available on the census in question. The census site may also substitute a similar name so be prepared for unexpected results!
- If the townland has a category it will be linked in the table below. If there is no link and you need the category please contact David to get the category created or put in a request for the category to be created. Alternatively, if you feel condifent to do so, see Townland Category Information Boxes below for how to create them yourself.
Townland Irish/Alternate name WikiTree Category Link Notes Ballyhay Bealach Átha Category:Ballyhay Townland, Ballyhay Parish, County Cork 1901 Census, 1911 Census
Logainm show this townland in Ballyhooly civil parish however from the position on the map this does not seem logical and Townlands.ie, Griffiths valuation and the General Index published by HMSO in 1862 place it in Ballyhay civil parish. It appears, at least for the timebeing that Logainm is in error.
Ballynaboola Baile na Buaile 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballynaboola West Baile na Buaile Thiar 1901 Census, 1911 Census Broghill North Brothall Thuaidh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Broghill South Brothall Theas 1901 Census, 1911 Census Castleharrison Caisleán Mhic Anraí 1901 Census, 1911 Census Coarliss An Corrlios 1901 Census, 1911 Census Cooleen Na Cúilíní 1901 Census, 1911 Census Farran An Fearann 1901 Census, 1911 Census Kiltoohig An Choill Tuaidh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Knockardamrum Cnoc Airde Móire 1901 Census, 1911 Census Newtown An Baile Nua 1901 Census, 1911 Census Pruntus Prontas 1901 Census, 1911 Census Rathmorgan Ráth an Mheargúnaigh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Sorrel Seireal 1901 Census, 1911 Census
- A list of external resources for this parish may be placed here. More general souces for Cork should be added to the main Cork page.
- Whilst care is taken to ensure links are not made to disreputable, phishing or other sites of doubtful integrity it is your responsibility to ensure that you are not going to such a site by clicking on one of the links which may have been added after this page was created.
Townland Category Information Boxes
- For the full 'How to' on creating Irish location categories please read 'Creating Location Categories for Ireland'
- The pre-formatted line for each townland and the fully formatted CIB header can be seen below this page when in edit mode. Please ensure you have read the 'How to' before doing anything. Briefly, the pre-formatted line in the hidden text is used to replace the line above. The CIB text is pasted into the category which is created by clicking on the red category link.
- Parish format version 3.3. Team links in CIBs now implemented.
- Information shown on this page may have been sourced from one or more of the following sources.
- Logainm.ie The Placenames Database of Ireland created by Fiontar & Scoil na Gaeilge in collaboration with The Placenames Branch (Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht).
- Placenamesni.org a UK Government website managed by the Information Unit of Land & Property Services (LPS) Agency, Department of Finance and Personnel (DFP)
- Griffiths Valuation AskAboutIreland.ie and the Cultural Heritage Project is an initiative of public libraries together with local museums and archives.
- Townlands.ie Irish Townlands derived from OpenStreetMap data under the Open Data Commons Open Database License (ODbL).
- Census of Ireland 1901/1911 and Census fragments and substitutes, 1821-51
- List of towns and villages in the Republic of Ireland and List of towns and villages in Northern Ireland
- General alphabetical index to townlands and towns, parishes and baronies of Ireland Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive