Surnames/tags: Ballyphilip Down Ulster
|Main Down Page
|Category for Ballyphilip Parish
|Civil Parishes in County Down
Part of the Ireland Project
- This information page for the Civil Parish contains a list of all the townlands in the parish and links to the category for the townland (if it has been created). There also may be notes about the individual townlands.
- This page is maintained by the County Down team
Ballyphilip Civil Parish
- Irish or Alternate Name: Baile Philib.
- Logainm Link: Ballyphilip Parish on Logainm.ie
- PlacenamesNI Link: Ballyphilip Parish on PlacenamesNI.org
- Barony: Ards Upper
- Province: Ulster
Population Centres of Ballyphilip Civil Parish
- Note: Population centres for this Parish, where known, are shown here. For a full list see Towns of County Down
The Townlands of Ballyphilip Civil Parish
- The townlands in Ballyphilip Parish (Baile Philib) are those taken from Ballyphilip Parish on Logainm.ie and validated against townlands on Townlands.ie, PlacenamesNI.org where appropriate, Griffiths valuations data and the 1901 and 1911 censuses. A link is provided in the notes for the 1901 and 1911 census. Please note that these may not always work if the townland was not available on the census in question. The census site may also substitute a similar name so be prepared for unexpected results!
- If the townland has a category it will be linked in the table below. If there is no link and you need the category please contact David to get the category created or put in a request for the category to be created. Alternatively, if you feel condifent to do so, see Townland Category Information Boxes below for how to create them yourself.
Townland Irish/Alternate name WikiTree Category Link Notes Ardgeehan Ard Caocháin 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballyblack Baile Bhláca 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballycam An Baile Cam 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballyedock or Carrstown 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballyfinragh Baile Fionnúrach 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballygalget Baile Ghalgail Category:Ballygalget Townland, Ballyphilip Parish, County Down 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballygarvigan Baile Uí Gharbhagáin 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballymarter Baile Mhartair 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballyphilip Baile Philib 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballyquintin Baile Chuintín 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballyrusley Baile an Ruiséalaigh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballywhollart Baile Choiléir 1901 Census, 1911 Census Craigaroddan Creag an Rodáin 1901 Census, 1911 Census Derry Doire 1901 Census, 1911 Census Granagh An Ghreanach 1901 Census, 1911 Census Keentagh An Caointeach 1901 Census, 1911 Census Killydressy Ceathrú Dhreasach 1901 Census, 1911 Census Knockinelder Cnoc an Iolair 1901 Census, 1911 Census Tara Teamhair (na hArda) 1901 Census, 1911 Census Tieveshilly Taobh Sailí 1901 Census, 1911 Census Tullyboard Tulaigh Bhoird 1901 Census, 1911 Census Tullycarnan Tulaigh Charnáin 1901 Census, 1911 Census Tullymally Tulaigh Uí Mhaolaodha 1901 Census, 1911 Census Tullynacrew Tulaigh na Craoibhe 1901 Census, 1911 Census
- A list of external resources for this parish may be placed here. More general souces for Down should be added to the main Down page.
- Whilst care is taken to ensure links are not made to disreputable, phishing or other sites of doubtful integrity it is your responsibility to ensure that you are not going to such a site by clicking on one of the links which may have been added after this page was created.
Townland Category Information Boxes
- For the full 'How to' on creating Irish location categories please read 'Creating Location Categories for Ireland'
- The pre-formatted line for each townland and the fully formatted CIB header can be seen below this page when in edit mode. Please ensure you have read the 'How to' before doing anything. Briefly, the pre-formatted line in the hidden text is used to replace the line above. The CIB text is pasted into the category which is created by clicking on the red category link.
- Parish format version 3.3. Team links in CIBs now implemented.
- Information shown on this page may have been sourced from one or more of the following sources.
- Logainm.ie The Placenames Database of Ireland created by Fiontar & Scoil na Gaeilge in collaboration with The Placenames Branch (Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht).
- Placenamesni.org a UK Government website managed by the Information Unit of Land & Property Services (LPS) Agency, Department of Finance and Personnel (DFP)
- Griffiths Valuation AskAboutIreland.ie and the Cultural Heritage Project is an initiative of public libraries together with local museums and archives.
- Townlands.ie Irish Townlands derived from OpenStreetMap data under the Open Data Commons Open Database License (ODbL).
- Census of Ireland 1901/1911 and Census fragments and substitutes, 1821-51
- List of towns and villages in the Republic of Ireland and List of towns and villages in Northern Ireland
- General alphabetical index to townlands and towns, parishes and baronies of Ireland Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive