Location: Fillmore, California
Surnames/tags: cemeteries ventura_county bardsdale_cemetery
This page is part of the California Cemeteries Team.
See the Bardsdale Cemetery category for people buried in this cemetery.
Cemetery Name: Bardsdale Cemetery
Address: 1698 South Sespe Street, Fillmore, California 93003
GPS Coordinates: GPS Coordinates: 34.3612694,-118.94028659999998
Internment Estimate: 5,400
Bardsdale Cemetery is located five miles to the south-west of Fillmore, on the southern outskirts of the unincorporated farming community of Bardsdale. The oldest memorial in the cemetery is shared by Isaac Daugherty and his wife Elizabeth, who passed on the 10th of August 1886 and the 18th of August 1894 respectively. At current count, Bardsdale has 6,543 graves, which have been photographed and documented by Jay C. Wood on the Bardsdale Cemetery Website. This cemetery is gated and has limited hours when it is open to the public.
About the Bardsdale Cemetery Project
This page was created for Bardsdale Cemetery to document our ancestors that are interred there, it is managed by the California Cemeteries Team, part of the Global Cemeteries Project.
To assist our Cemeterists in this ongoing project, there is a Table of Interments at the bottom of this page. This is a sort-able listing of individuals interred at this cemetery, some of whom are linked to existing WikiTree profiles. Although all grave markers in this cemetery are being photographed, the photos can only be displayed for individuals with existing WikiTree profiles.
If you know of a person interred at this cemetery that should be linked to an existing WikiTree profile, or needs to have a profile created for them, please contact Laurel Beebe for assistance, or one of the Cemeterists for the California Cemeteries Team.
Overview of Our Tasks Completed
- In progress
- Approximately 0% in progress
- In progress
- 0 transcriptions completed
- 0 photographs linked in Table of Interments, below.
Profiles On other lists
- Wikitree: 5
- FindAGrave: 5,393
Ways to Contribute to this Cemetery
Project members are needed to:
- Collect data and take original photographs of cemetery and individual grave markers.
- GPS data, transcription, and photography are essential to document each marker, follow the guidelines for photography, and transcription.
- Match those interred here to existing Wikitree profiles or create new ones.
- Our goal is to accurately represent our ancestors, when complete everyone listed on our Table of Interments will be linked to their own WikiTree profile, and to a photo of their grave marker.
- Validate links and transcription information.
- Profile and photo links, as well as transcribed information needs to be cross-checked to ensure accuracy.
- Create an audio/video tour of the cemetery.
- Record a virtual tour of the cemetery, taking the viewer around the cemetery to explore the history of the people buried here.
Table of Interments
|Last Name||First Name||Maiden Name||Born||Died||Photo||Find A Grave Profile|
|Lair||Nancy Emerson||(Green)||21 May 1832||28 Apr 1916||Find A Grave: Memorial #120601016|
|Harbison||Perry Brom||10 Jun 1858||7 Feb 1940||[FindAGrave]||Find A Grave: Memorial #47265085|
|Harthorn||Wayne Allen||10 Nov 1924||13 Sep 1988||[FindAGrave]||Find A Grave: Memorial #134646173|
|Harthorn||Roberta Ellen||(McFadden)||3 Jul 1924||2 May 2000||[FindAGrave]||Find A Grave: Memorial #134646172|
|Finnerty||Ann B||(Woodworth)||3 Oct 1883||11 Feb 1975||[FindAGrave]||Find A Grave: Memorial #134580045|
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)