Surnames/tags: Rathdown Dublin Leinster
|Ireland||Main Dublin Page||Category for Rathdown Barony||Baronies in County Dublin|
Part of the Ireland Project
- This information page for the barony contains a list of the towns, civil parishes and townlands in the barony and links to their categories (if created).
- This page is maintained by the County Dublin team
Barony of Rathdown
- Irish or Alternate Name: Ráth an Dúin.
- Logainm Link: Barony of Rathdown Logainm.ie
- Province: Leinster
Population Centres of the Barony of Rathdown
- Note: Population centres for this Barony are shown here. For a full list see Towns of County Dublin
- The towns and other population centres are those taken from Logainm.ie and validated against PlacenamesNI.org and, where appropriate, Griffiths valuations data.
- If the town has a category it will be linked (underlined) in the table below.
- [c] = city, [t] = town, [v] = village, [h] = hamlet, [p] = other population centre
Civil Parishes of the Barony of Rathdown
- The parishes are those taken from Logainm.ie and validated against townlands on Townlands.ie, PlacenamesNI.org where appropriate, Griffiths valuations data and the 1901 and 1911 censuses.
- If the parish has a category it will be linked (underlined) in the table below.
The Civil Parishes of the Barony of Rathdown Booterstown Dalkey Donnybrook Kilgobbin Kill Killiney Kilmacud Kiltiernan Monkstown Rathfarnham Rathmichael Stillorgan Taney Tully Whitechurch Oldconnaught
Townlands of the Barony of Rathdown
- The townlands are those taken from Logainm.ie and validated against townlands on Townlands.ie, PlacenamesNI.org where appropriate, Griffiths valuations data and the 1901 and 1911 censuses.
- If the townland has a category it will be linked (underlined) in the table below.
The Townlands of the Barony of Rathdown Annaghaskin Annefield Aske Balally Ballinclea Ballinteer Ballybetagh Ballyboden Ballybrack Ballybrack Ballycorus Ballyedmonduff Ballyman Ballyogan Barnacullia Barnaslingan Blackrock Blackthorn Booterstown Boranaraltry Brennanstown Brockey Bullock Butterfield Cabinteely Carmanhall Carmanhall and Leopardstown Carrickmines Great Carrickmines Little Carysfort Cherrywood Churchtown Lower Churchtown Upper Clare Rock Clarkstown Cork Great Cork Little Cornelscourt Dalkey Dalkey Commons Dalkey Island Deansgrange Drummartin Dundrum Dunleary Edmondstown Farrenboley Foxrock Friarland Galloping Green North Galloping Green South Glasthule Glebe Glebe (E.D. Glencullenl) Glebe (E.D. Rathmichael) Glenageary Glenamuck North Glenamuck South Glencullen Glencullen Mountain Hackettsland Haroldsgrange Honeypark Jamestown Jamestown Johnstown Johnstown Kerrymount Kilbogget Kilgobbin Kill of the Grange Killiney Kilmacud East Kilmacud West Kilmashogue Kiltiernan Kiltiernan Domain Kimmage (pt. Rathfarnham C.P.) Kingston Kingstown Kingstown (E.D. Ballybrack) Lamb Island Lansville Laughanstown Loughlinstown Loughlinstown Commons Maiden Rock Merrion Monkstown Monkstown Castlefarm Monkstown Housefarm Montpelier Mount Anville Mount Merrion Mount Merrion South Mountashton Muglins Mulchanstown Murphystown Newpark Newtown Newtown Blackrock Newtown Castlebyrn Newtown Little Newtown Little Newtown Park Old Connaught Oldorchard Phrompstown Priesthouse Rathfarnham Rathgar Rathmichael Rathmines Great Rathmines Little Rocheshill Rochestown Rochestown Domain Rockfield Roebuck Scalpwilliam Seapoint or Templehill Shanganagh Shankill Simmonscourt Stackstown Stillorgan Grove Stillorgan North Stillorgan Park Stillorgan South Stradbrook Taylorsgrange Terenure Thomastown Ticknick Tiknock Tipperstown Trimleston or Owenstown Waltersland Whitechurch Whitehall Willbrook Williamstown Woodland Woodpark Woodside
- A list of external resources may be placed here
- Whilst care is taken to ensure links are not made to disreputable, phishing or other sites of doubtful integrity it is your responsibility to ensure that you are not going to such a site by clicking on one of the links below which may have been added after this page was created.
- Information shown on this page may have been sourced from one or more of the following sources.
- Logainm.ie The Placenames Database of Ireland created by Fiontar & Scoil na Gaeilge in collaboration with The Placenames Branch (Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht).
- Placenamesni.org a UK Government website managed by the Information Unit of Land & Property Services (LPS) Agency, Department of Finance and Personnel (DFP)
- Griffiths Valuation AskAboutIreland.ie and the Cultural Heritage Project is an initiative of public libraries together with local museums and archives.
- Townlands.ie Irish Townlands derived from OpenStreetMap data under the Open Data Commons Open Database License (ODbL).
- Census of Ireland 1901/1911 and Census fragments and substitutes, 1821-51
- List of towns and villages in the Republic of Ireland and List of towns and villages in Northern Ireland