Navigation: Main Page > Beckwith Township
The township was named and opened for settlement in 1816. In 1817, 27 land grants were claimed. It was named after Sir Thomas Sydney Beckwith, the Quarter Master for Canada between 1815 and 1823.
Historic Villages and Hamlets
Communities within the historic boundaries of Beckwith include:
- Carleton Place (once called Morphy's Falls)
- Blacks Corners
- 10th Line Shore
- Franktown Station
- Hay's Shore
- McCann's Shore
- Rothwell's Shore
- Scotch Corners
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)