Location: Beeley, Derbyshire
- A village on the Chatsworth estate
- Beeley was purchased by the third Duke of Devonshire in the mid-18th Century and is still home to many past and present employees of the Dukes
- St Anne’s Church dates back to 1150
- Beeley Old Hall is thought to be the original manor house.
- Dukes Barn was built in 1791 to house the estate carts used to carry coal from Rowsley Station.
- Above the village is Beeley Moor with grouse and wonderful purple heather in August. It is the site of previous lead smelting. Here there is also Hob’s Hurst House which is an unusual Bronze Age burial mound being square rather than round and excavations revealed a stone-lined chamber.
- Burntwood quarry, a small sandstone (Ashover gritstone) quarry between Beeley and Rowsley (Coordinates: 53.196415, -1.600738), was reopened in 2014 to provide stone for the restoration of Chatsworth House.