Location: Beenleigh Cemetery, Eagleby, Queenlsand, Australia
Surnames/tags: Cemeteries Australia
This page is part of the Queensland Cemeteries Team
See the Beenleigh Cemetery Category Page for a list of the people buried here.
Cemetery name: Beenleigh Cemetery
Address: Brigade Drive, Eagleby, Queensland, 4207
GPS Coordinates: -27.702744, 153.203283
The earliest known burial for Beenleigh is from 1872, a mechanic named William. Earlier burials were recorded, but details and locations of deceased are not known. To date, Beenleigh currently has approximately 4,800 burials and 200 ashes interments.
Free access is provided to downloadable map and burial index by Logan City Council Cemeteries Directory, (viewed 21 December, 2014). See also Grave Location Search for details of the records held in the database.
As well as early European settlers from the area there is a grave of an unknown aborigine whose skeletal remains were found on the banks of Windaroo Creek, and then interred here.
Beenleigh Cemetery is situated between Beenleigh and Eagleby, and close to the M1 Freeway at Beenleigh.
- The cemetery has one official Commonwealth War Grave and over 50 returned serviceman from several world conflicts and from all branches of the Armed Forces
- Find-a-Grave - this had 5563 entries as at 9 June 2019
- BillionGraves - this had 3024 entries as at 9 June 2019
- Beenleigh Cemetery Category Page on WikiTree - Interments at Beenleigh Cemetery are currently under-represented on WikiTree with only on entry listed as at 9 June 2019
- For a progress list on WikiTree and photos of interments see Beenleigh Cemetery Interments page
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)