Surname/tag: Besimer Beesimer Beasmer Beismer Beesmer Beasimer Bismer
This is the Progress Report for the Beismer Name Study. It will track the activities of the Study.
- 21 May 2021 - The Study began.
- WikiTree searched for variants of the surname and profiles edited with a sticker for the Study and profile managers contacted and informed.
- WikiTree users group on Facebook informed of the Study.
- Facebook relatives of Study Coordinator informed of the Study.
- G2G announcements made about the Study.
- Cleanup underway on profiles already on WikiTree. See Instruction Page.
- Profiles added to WikiTree and to the Study as cleanup finds relationships.
- 11 June 2021 - Cleanup of profiles already on WikiTree continues.
- Data collection has begun because individuals with variants of the surname often show up in searches for information about individuals who already have WikiTree profiles.
- 20 August 2023 - A blog and web site has been created for the Study.
- The Study coordinator joined the Guild of One Name Studies and the Study is registered there.
- Announcements about the Study are made from time to time.
- Most profiles with the name variants have had the Study sticker added to them; there remain a few variants with profiles already on WikiTree that have not had stickers added yet.
- A genealogical database and spreadsheet have been created and statistics have been compiled.
- Next Steps - review and improve all profiles currently included in the Study.
- Begin searches online for each of the variant spellings, in various genealogical web sites, to add more individuals to the Study.
- continue to announce the Study on various social media sites.