Location: California, United States
Surnames/tags: Harmer Lam Young
- Here are open questions about my grandmother Betty Jean Harmer. [Betty Jean Harmer | Harmer-105]
- When her father Norman could not raise all of his four of his children some of them stayed in other people's homes. Betty stayed at Miss Tilly's home. She would have been near Watsonville, maybe Salinas, California. I would like to find her. Check Census and Public Records for Residence from 1925-1940.
- Used fake last name of Smith to marry my grandfather Marshall Paul "Dixie" Lam. Her stated reason was always "That's just the name I was using back then" no matter what question you asked. She claimed she had never married before. Maybe Miss Tilly was Miss Tilly Smith.
- Who was her high school friend? What high school did she go to? Check year books on Ancestry and Classmates. Her and her sister [ Beverly June Harmer | Harmer-106 ] went to the same high school and were academically competitive with each other. Bev strived to be as smart as Betty. As pretty as Betty. As loved as Betty was. Bev was competitive with Betty about everything. Even in "love."
- Her sister Beverly married Betty's ex-husband [Melvin Boyden Young | Young-12345]. Betty claimed "Mel put me in a Mental Hospital, divorced me while I was locked up and helpless and when I got out he was married to Bev." Did that really happen? What really happened? Check marriage and divorce records. Which city was she hospitalized in? Search for mental hospitals in South Bay, Anaheim and Huntington Beach areas. Did Betty get to live in Anaheim or Huntington Beach? Check her addresses in Public Records.