About the Project
The Blackburn Name Study project serves as a collaborative platform to collect information on the Blackburn name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join the study to help make it a valuable reference point for other genealogists who are researching or have an interest in the Blackburn name.
As a One Name Study, this project is not limited to persons who are related biologically. Individual team studies can be used to branch out the research into specific methods and areas of interest, such as geographically (England Blackburns), by time period (18th Century Blackburns), or by topic (Blackburn DNA, Blackburn Occupations, Blackburn Statistics). These studies may also include a number of family branches which have no immediate link with each other. Some researchers may even be motivated to go beyond the profile identification and research stage to compile fully sourced, single-family histories of some of the families they discover through this name study project.
How to Join
To join the Blackburn Name Study, first start out by browsing our current teams to see if there is a specific study ongoing that fits your interests. If so, feel free to add your name to the Membership list below, post an introduction comment on the specific team page, and then dive right in!
Once you are ready to go, you can also show your project affiliation with the ONS Member Sticker:
Teams / Research Pages
None identified yet!
Adding a Profile to this Study
Please avoid adding every Blackburn profile to this Study. See List of Blackburn Profiles below, to get a sorted list of every Blackburn profile on WikiTree.
The criteria for adding a Blackburn profile to the study are:
- Add a Blackburn profile to this study if their Blackburn ancestor is currently unknown.
- Add a Blackburn profile to this study if they are Adopted. See the "Adopted" section below for more information.
- The top level progenitors of the main Blackburn families have already been added to the study.
To add your ancestor to this study, simply copy the following template to the Biography section of his or her profile:
Once the profile is connected to one of the main Blackburn family lines, then remove the template from the profile.
List of Blackburn Profiles
List of Blackburn Profiles on WikiTree, sorted in birth order, including current last name
Here are some Blackburn resources for research:
- Blackburn Family Association - The authoritative source on the Blackburn family of North America that had its origins in County Armagh, Ireland.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: One Name Studies WikiTree and Eric Weddington. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)