About the Project
The Bodley Name Study project serves as a collaborative platform to collect information on the Bodley name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join the study to help make it a valuable reference point for other genealogists who are researching or have an interest in the Bodley name.
As a One Name Study, this project is not limited to persons who are related biologically. Individual studies can be used to branch out the research into specific methods and areas of interest, such as geographically (England Bodleys), by time period (18th Century Bodleys), or by topic (Bodley DNA, Bodley Occupations, Bodley Statistics). These studies may also include a number of family branches which have no immediate link with each other. Some researchers may even be motivated to go beyond the profile identification and research stage to compile fully sourced, single-family histories of some of the families they discover through this name study project.
Also see the related surnames and surname variants.
Additional Objectives for Bodley Name Study
- To determine if families are connected.
- To trace each family back to the original colonists.
- To continue family lines back to England to discover origin of name.
How to Join
To join the Bodley Name Study, first start out by browsing our current research pages to see if there is a specific study ongoing that fits your interests. If so, feel free to add your name to the Membership list below, post an introduction comment on the specific team page, and then dive right in!
Once you are ready to go, you can also show your project affiliation with the ONS Member Sticker:
Badley, Boadley, Boddely, Boddily, Bodily, Boddley, Bodly, Bodwell, Bradley
Here are some of the current research pages included in the study. I'll be working on them, and could use your help!
- John Bodley (1733-1801) Original colonist to Ulster County, British Colonial America
- Thomas Bodley (1720-1760) Early colonist to Pennsylvania, Bristish Colonial America
Related Surnames and Surname Variants
- Possibly Bodleian
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: One Name Studies WikiTree and Angelina Pease. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)