Surnames/tags: Borrisokane Tipperary Munster
Profile manager: Ireland Project WikiTree [send private message]
This page has been accessed 53 times.
|Ireland||Main Tipperary Page||Category for Borrisokane Parish||Civil Parishes in County Tipperary|
Part of the Ireland Project
- This information page for the Civil Parish contains a list of all the townlands in the parish and links to the category for the townland (if it has been created). There also may be notes about the individual townlands.
- This page is maintained by the County Tipperary team
Borrisokane Civil Parish
- Irish or Alternate Name: Buiríos Uí Chéin.
- Logainm Link: Borrisokane Parish on Logainm.ie
- Barony: Ormond Lower
- Province: Munster
Population Centres of Borrisokane Civil Parish
- Note: Population centres for this Parish, where known, are shown here. For a full list see Towns of County Tipperary
- Irish or Alternate Name: Buiríos Uí Chéin.
- Web page for Borrisokane
- Map: Google Maps OpenStreetMap
The Townlands of Borrisokane Civil Parish
- The townlands in Borrisokane Parish (Buiríos Uí Chéin) are those taken from Borrisokane Parish on Logainm.ie and validated against townlands on Townlands.ie, PlacenamesNI.org where appropriate, Griffiths valuations data and the 1901 and 1911 censuses. A link is provided in the notes for the 1901 and 1911 census. Please note that these may not always work if the townland was not available on the census in question. The census site may also substitute a similar name so be prepared for unexpected results!
- If the townland has a category it will be linked in the table below. If there is no link and you need the category please contact David to get the category created or put in a request for the category to be created. Alternatively, if you feel condifent to do so, see Townland Category Information Boxes below for how to create them yourself.
Townland Irish/Alternate name WikiTree Category Link Notes Ballyhaden Bealach Aidín 1901 Census, 1911 Census Crotta An Chrotach 1901 Census, 1911 Census Fee Beg An Fiodh Beag 1901 Census, 1911 Census Fee More An Fiodh Mór 1901 Census, 1911 Census Gaulross Gallros 1901 Census, 1911 Census Greyfort An Lios Liath 1901 Census, 1911 Census Killavalla Coill an Bhealaigh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Killeen An Coillín 1901 Census, 1911 Census Kyleonermody Coill Ó nDiarmada 1901 Census, 1911 Census Kyletombrickane Coill Tuaim Breacáin 1901 Census, 1911 Census Liskinlahan Lios Scanláin 1901 Census, 1911 Census Lisleighbeg An Lios Liath Beag 1901 Census, 1911 Census Rathmore An Ráth Mór 1901 Census, 1911 Census Shesheraghmore An tSeisreach Mhór 1901 Census, 1911 Census Tombrickane Tuaim Breacáin Category:Tombrickane Townland, Borrisokane Parish, County Tipperary 1901 Census, 1911 Census
- A list of external resources for this parish may be placed here. More general souces for Tipperary should be added to the main Tipperary page.
- Whilst care is taken to ensure links are not made to disreputable, phishing or other sites of doubtful integrity it is your responsibility to ensure that you are not going to such a site by clicking on one of the links which may have been added after this page was created.
Townland Category Information Boxes
- For the full 'How to' on creating Irish location categories please read 'Creating Location Categories for Ireland'
- The pre-formatted line for each townland and the fully formatted CIB header can be seen below this page when in edit mode. Please ensure you have read the 'How to' before doing anything. Briefly, the pre-formatted line in the hidden text is used to replace the line above. The CIB text is pasted into the category which is created by clicking on the red category link.
- Parish format version 3.3. Team links in CIBs now implemented.
- Information shown on this page may have been sourced from one or more of the following sources.
- Logainm.ie The Placenames Database of Ireland created by Fiontar & Scoil na Gaeilge in collaboration with The Placenames Branch (Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht).
- Placenamesni.org a UK Government website managed by the Information Unit of Land & Property Services (LPS) Agency, Department of Finance and Personnel (DFP)
- Griffiths Valuation AskAboutIreland.ie and the Cultural Heritage Project is an initiative of public libraries together with local museums and archives.
- Townlands.ie Irish Townlands derived from OpenStreetMap data under the Open Data Commons Open Database License (ODbL).
- Census of Ireland 1901/1911 and Census fragments and substitutes, 1821-51
- List of towns and villages in the Republic of Ireland and List of towns and villages in Northern Ireland
- General alphabetical index to townlands and towns, parishes and baronies of Ireland Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.