Location: East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana, United States
Surnames/tags: Brannon Curtis
The Brannon family cemetery is a small plot on the former plantation of George Washington Brannon near Carr's Creek in East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana. It is the burial site for George Washington Brannon and some of his close family.
- "Bobby Brannon" (this is probably Robert Mills Brannon, 1856-1893)
- "Two infants"
- George Washington Brannon
- Margaret Ann (Richardson) Curtis Brannon
- Skipped space (possibly Lorenzo Dow Curtis, late husband of Margaret Ann Richardson)
- "Aunt Laura" (possibly Louisa Almira Curtis, 1847-1879)
As of the 1960s, the land on which the cemetery sits was owned by the Cooper family, according to my late aunt, Anne (Harvey) Garms. With some sleuthing, I hope to be able to locate this more accurately. Heggen-43 04:21, 9 December 2019 (UTC)
I suspect that all of the unmarried children of Lorenzo, Margaret, and GW are buried here—namely Amzy Richardson Curtis, Emily Jane Brannon (1851-1853), Susan Archie Brannon (1854-1867), and Tabitha Alexander (1861-1862). Heggen-43 04:21, 9 December 2019 (UTC)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Garms, Anne (Harvey). Pedigree sheet for George Washington Brannon and Margaret Ann Richardson and children, p. 23. Copy in possession of Michael Heggen.