Cassie and Vinny Marino bought this Greek Revival style home--built around 1880 and originally numbered 164 East Main street--in 1996. They did a complete restoration on the outside using all cedar wood clapboard in an oat straw color to maintain the period look of the home. Another big project was replacing the basement of the home in 1999 when it was discovered the cobblestone foundation could not be saved. During the project the home was jacked up and supported on steel beams while the new foundation was poured.
There are three other buildings on the property including a carriage house, sugar house and Christmas house. Opening an art gallery in the carriage house has been planned. The carriage house has been constructed to look like an old grist mill. Cassie is a 1979 graduate of Lancaster. The couple has two children.
Longtime owners of the home were Carl R. Greis (1893 - 1965) and his wife Helen S. (1901-1987).(1) The home had been owned by the Greis family since at least 1893.
- (1) Lancaster Memories, A Pictorial History, By Mary Jo Monnin, Published by Dick Young Fire Services Publishing LLC Copyright : 2016